PDA

View Full Version : EP Hatch save my EP

shortstop
05-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Just put on a supercharger, not really my thing so its up for sale. Can anyone locate me a complete turbo kit for a decent price (can't afford new) Reason being, im contemplating picking up an STI and I get the word on approval or not Monday. I need a 4 door for the 2nd kid coming in november. I love ephatch and my ep but I gotta do what i gotta do. I need some power in the ep and i'll pick up an eg or ek 4 door or I will go for the sti (which is only 114 a month insurance) Opinions, help, advice

username011
05-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Hopefully you can afford the gas for the STi, a huge majority of people get rid of the STi just because its hard on your wallet to maintain it. just fyi if you can afford it than disregard..

Passenger
05-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Somebody get this guy a used turbo asap! And get me a free one, stat

ShadowEP3
05-22-2010, 09:27 PM
you wanna turbo the EP to get an STi??

im confused :tehe:

Passenger
05-22-2010, 09:28 PM
you wanna turbo the EP to get an STi??

im confused :tehe:

Yeah I got confused on that one too but thats what I plan on getting for a "family car" as well haha.

username011
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I think an STi would make a terrible family car, sure it has 4 doors but there is more too it than just how many doors are on a car.. stiff suspension, racing seats, bad mpg, eats threw tires..just...No... id recommend a Subaru Legacy GT.. it excels as a family performance car...

STi is a cool car though I just wouldnt wanna live with it if I had a family as the only sedan Im pretty sure youd regret it... Im thinking this is an impulse buy to get an STi.

shortstop
05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Gas really suck that bad? I meant 1) turbo my ep/pick up 4 door eg/ek 2) pick up sti and trade in ep.

username011
05-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Welll,.. I mean it all depends on how you drive it but if I had a fast ass car id drive the heck out of it everywhere I went just because I could and its fun but I know I couldnt afford to keep it on the road.

anyway,.. legacys arent as popular as the imprezas and hyped up as STi's but they really do make great cars for a family..in Japan they have an STi version of it too, test drive one before you get the sti at least.

Passenger
05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
can anyone tell me how the topic of this thread has anything to do with the name of the thread lol :tehe:

MajorJones
05-23-2010, 12:24 AM
can anyone tell me how the topic of this thread has anything to do with the name of the thread lol :tehe:

its EPhatch, save my ep. he wants us to save his ep from a trade in lol (im smashed so im not to sure):tehehyper:

I think an STi would make a terrible family car, sure it has 4 doors but there is more too it than just how many doors are on a car.. stiff suspension, racing seats, bad mpg, eats threw tires..just...No... id recommend a Subaru Legacy GT.. it excels as a family performance car...

STi is a cool car though I just wouldnt wanna live with it if I had a family as the only sedan Im pretty sure youd regret it... Im thinking this is an impulse buy to get an STi.

He is right, i owned a 06 sti all done up beside upgrade turbo size. gas was gone so fast! i do not recommened over an ep. trust me i moved on from an sti to a ep

ep3k20
05-23-2010, 05:06 AM
I say buy a legacy gt dude i test drove a spec v last summer and no lie had the paper work on the table to do it but backed out cause i wanted to pay my ep off. i just had a baby almost two months ago and i kinda luck out with car seats cause of our pilot but were it me with two kids i would not waste a dime on a sti. the legacy has everything you need and rest assured while they have slightly less hp than said sti's the gt's fing haul dude i once saw a legacy spank my buddies bone stock sn-95 cobra mustang and those have 300 hp .....so take my advice man you will not be happy with a sti

username011
05-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Not just all that though but where I live I see at least 20-25 STis a DAY.. I see way more WRX STis over than any other Subaru.

It also has the same engine as the STi just tuned down but you can still get that mean rumbling subaru sound.

Edit::: All the Legacys also have a way lower price tag than an STi too!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4558/legacyq.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/i/legacyq.jpg/)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5489/legac.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/legacyo.jpg/)

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9656/626354707b4dd95b863b.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/626354707b4dd95b863b.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Sa211050
05-23-2010, 07:58 AM
^That looks better than an STI to me, since you don't see them much. I'd go for that over the STI if it's solely for a family car with a little fun factor.

EpThreeD
05-23-2010, 10:53 AM
With kids you sometimes have to make sacrafices big or small. An STI is not a family car, there's less room in it than the EP. I have no problem hauling 2 kids around in my EP and have plenty of room to spare. Try fitting car seats in the back of the Suby. If you trade the EP in your gonna get raped. They won't give you hardly anything for it. So your gonna be stuck with car payment and kids etc. If you think a turbo kit will satisfy you then go for it, but there's a lot more than just bolting on a kit to make the car actually better and still be reliable. So finding the cheapest used kit may not be the best idea. Try and be a little more patient. Walk into the dealer and talk numbers first, dont test drive right when you walk in, talk numbers then if everything is good test drive the car to seal your decision. Also I don't think fast/hp should be concerns with a family car. You need a daily family car then have your fast toy on the side, just my thoughts. Safety first.

talonXracer
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Pick up a used Accord 4dr or preferably a TSX, decent mileage, looks awesome with EuroR bodywork, Hondata now supports these vehicles.

shortstop
05-23-2010, 12:07 PM
That legacy looks mean. Im gonna have to research the engine a lil more. I considered a tsx, and I do have the supercharger still.....hmmmmmmmmmm so many options I guess.

dschaos
05-23-2010, 01:02 PM
also remember no car payment is always better, specially when you throw kids in the mix. even if you pick up a ek/eg or even an accord/tsx you can get either of them for pretty decent price and with the money saved over getting a STi you could get a turbo for the EP, and still have a good family car.

StraightEP3
05-24-2010, 03:52 AM
save your money and buy a cheap used 4 door like you said, STi's are awesome but think about the money your going to shell out....to me its not worth it. Like everyone said the money is going to come in handy w/ 2 kids. Buy the 4 door, throw on a nice set of wheels and lightly mod it ....way cheaper and you will still have a nice looking family car.

shortstop
05-24-2010, 08:52 PM
save your money and buy a cheap used 4 door like you said, STi's are awesome but think about the money your going to shell out....to me its not worth it. Like everyone said the money is going to come in handy w/ 2 kids. Buy the 4 door, throw on a nice set of wheels and lightly mod it ....way cheaper and you will still have a nice looking family car.

Im pretty sure im going this route, now I'm just not sure on keeping the ep. It's pissing me off.