PDA

View Full Version : F1 Clutch?

STP03BlueSI
05-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Anyone used them? Good bad?

I am needing a clutch soon, but cant seem to justify 325 for just a clutch alone.

Now I have a F1 Racing 10lb fly sitting at my house, got it from am member on this forum.

Discuss.

talonXracer
05-23-2010, 07:24 AM
First off sell the fly, too light. The lightest I would go is 10lbs or so, similar to the typeR flywheel weight. I have the ACT ProLite fly which is 8.25lbs, and it causes drivability issues on a DD.

Race parts usually wear quicker and are NOT intended for DD useage.

I have never used a F1 clutch, I would bet ya 100$ it is a Exedy/Daikin clutch, seeing they also produce the ACT, Exedy, CM, CenterForce, and many others.

Ep3T0n3y
05-23-2010, 08:22 AM
I bought an F1 clutch and fly combo off ebay, and its just rebranded exedy. It says its a stage 1 or 3 or whatever, but its really just an exedy oem replacement. But i havet had any problems with it. Im very happy with my purchase.

STP03BlueSI
05-23-2010, 08:59 AM
First off sell the fly, too light. The lightest I would go is 10lbs or so, similar to the typeR flywheel weight. I have the ACT ProLite fly which is 8.25lbs, and it causes drivability issues on a DD.

Race parts usually wear quicker and are NOT intended for DD useage.

I have never used a F1 clutch, I would bet ya 100$ it is a Exedy/Daikin clutch, seeing they also produce the ACT, Exedy, CM, CenterForce, and many others.

It is a 10lb fly.

I bought an F1 clutch and fly combo off ebay, and its just rebranded exedy. It says its a stage 1 or 3 or whatever, but its really just an exedy oem replacement. But i havet had any problems with it. Im very happy with my purchase.

How long have you had it in your hatch?

talonXracer
05-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Sounds like the fly will work fine then!

And as has been said the f1 clutch is just a Exedy clutch with F1's name on it. It is a bit more involved though, as in Exedy/Daikin has a range of specs for clutch components for that particular size of clutch. The end seller(exedy, ACT, F1 etc) selects from those to get the feel and clamping force they desire. So just because they are all manufactured by Exedy/Daikin does not mean they will work or last the same as another end sellers clutch combo.

SUSHI_NE1
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
This is all good info. Im really looking to do a clutch job on my EP soon. Im doing the work myself to save money. lol

kmbkk
01-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Any updates on the F1 clutch? I know this is an old thread, but I need a clutch and am considering buying either an F1 Racing Stage 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150509425928&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT) or Exedy OEM (http://www.1aauto.com/1A/clutchparts/Honda/Civic/1ATCK00070/344279/2002) clutch kit. I'm in the process of doing a K24a1 swap into my 02 EP and found the clutch bad. The flywheel has already been re-surfaced so I'm sticking with an EP clutch. I won't have any bolt-ons and don't plan on doing a lot to the car. I may (stress may) boost it eventually, but this unexpected swap has drained my car funds, so I'm looking at an economical plan for the clutch.

BlkDeathSi
01-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Any updates on the F1 clutch? I know this is an old thread, but I need a clutch and am considering buying either an F1 Racing Stage 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150509425928&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT) ....

I got my clutch and flywheel from that seller . . . great experience. I went with stage 1 with the lightened flywheel and have zero regrets. I have so far put 6000 miles on the setup DD in stop and go traffic.

good luck

spartan
01-05-2011, 08:45 PM
bump for ebay special.

kmbkk
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I got my clutch and flywheel from that seller . . . great experience. I went with stage 1 with the lightened flywheel and have zero regrets. I have so far put 6000 miles on the setup DD in stop and go traffic.

good luck

Thanks! From the reviews I've read, most people have had problems with the stage 3 6-puck clutches, not the stage 2 full-face ones. I think I may order the clutch tomorrow.