PDA

View Full Version : i want to make a beast!!!!

jjoker13g
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
First of all I have a 03 si. Stock motor. (Converting to a 6sp tranny) I want to make a hybrid but havent decided to wut. I want to here suggestions for the best hybrid set up. Money is not a great concern but i still want to be reasonable. I want all engine power for now. I want to be able to reach 3-400HP w/ out having to add a turbo. A list of parts that wuld help me squeeze the power out from the engine would be a great help as well.

CuStOmMaDe
05-23-2010, 08:46 PM
honestly save urself the hastle and swap out the stock motor and then go from there
the a3 is a bad base to start

babine
05-23-2010, 08:55 PM
I doubt you could ever put down 400 whp on a a3 maybe even any k20 without forced induction.. check out doug ( talonXracer) he has one of the sickest NA (k20) cars I've seen and I think his last dyno gave him 256whp

Sa211050
05-24-2010, 02:00 AM
It's hard to get over 250whp in most Honda engines. If money's not a concern and you want speed, you'd be way better off swapping and then building the new motor up.

Deadphishy
05-24-2010, 03:44 AM
Turbo k20, or supercharged k24 will better fit your power expectations. A 300+ Whp NA 4 banger will leave you much desired in the reliability and driveability catigories.
Its much harder on a motor to run High HP NA then it is to run a few pounds of boost to make the same power.

talonXracer
05-24-2010, 06:38 AM
To get anywheres close to those numbers you will need to sleeve a K24, install 14:1 pistons, ported intake mani(RBC etc), stage 3+ cam's, full custom exhaust from the header back, Kpro and a min of 600$ worth of tuning, running on E85.

Expect to put at least as much into the engine as the car costs if not more. NA power costs ALOT of $$$ to do correctly, especially at the level you are looking at entering into. Alot of guys have big plans for NA, right up untill they discover the time, work and $$$ involved, it almost becomes a lifestyle of it's own, spending countless hours schemeing and planning that next .5 whp gain. LOL

AND this creation will never behave as a DD, she will fight you every step of the way!

IF YOU WILL USE THE CAR AS A DAILY DRIVER, best to keep everything basically stock, other than cam's and bolt-on's. A built engine will last a fraction of the time that a stock block engine will.

If you have deep pockets and desire a dyno queen/track car, then real high whp NA engines can be a fun route, though it will also be frustrating and all consuming as well.

jjoker13g
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
iv been doin my research and yea....a LOT of money and time. Thanks pe3ps.