PDA

View Full Version : OBX ver 2 questions...

EP3SiBoi90
05-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Well, I'm just waiting for a new manifold gasket to come in, and I was wonder...

As soon as I am done installing this header, am I going to see a CEL and will I need a defouler for one of the o2 ports?
&
Speaking of o2 ports, the ones on this header are right ontop of each other. Using the stock ones I have, which goes into where? Primary into the top port/secondary into the bottom port, or vice versa?

I found some posts about OBX on here, but I haven't found anything that answers what questions I had. I bought the header from a third party, so no I don't have any instructions or anything.

T_Virus
05-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes, you will get a cel unless you have a defouler. I asked the same question before too when I got my obx vers 2 rh. I didn't know which 02 ports where which because both of them sit pretty much lined up together. But if I remember, the top 02 port should be a little closer to the Engine. I think I used the primary 02 sensor on the top and the deflouer/secondary 02 sensor on the bottom.

The only problem I had was when taking out the primary 02 sensor out for the first time and somehow it crapped on my so I end up buying a new primary 02 sensor for $140+ bucks from amazon.com.

EP3SiBoi90
05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Aw man, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case for the CEL. Oh well. And it looks like I'll have to be careful when removing mine too.

For defoulers did you buy the one from CRSX?

thanks T!

4angrybadgers
05-26-2010, 05:12 AM
Make sure the defouler/spacer mod goes on the SECONDARY O2 sensor.

Since you have no catalytic converter on the race header and the ports are right next to each other, it probably doesn't matter which sensor goes where. However, just to keep things straight in case you forget later, I'd install the primary closer to the engine, since that's how they're placed from the factory.

T_Virus
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Aw man, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case for the CEL. Oh well. And it looks like I'll have to be careful when removing mine too.

For defoulers did you buy the one from CRSX?

thanks T!

I bought my angled dofouler on here from a member...forgot his name because he changes his name a couple of times but he used to sell it on here and clubrsx...mine worked with no issues....you can get the clubrsx one if you want or if you have the tools, make yourself one...

EP3SiBoi90
05-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Any tips on removing the bottom three bolts from the stock exhaust manifold? I was able to remove the top two...but those three, shit, they gave me such a hard time that I'm going to hold off on installing the header for a bit. :mfrown:

Passenger
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Im confused.. The OBX Ver 2 RH was the group buy from last year right? like around august september? Cause I got that one and i remember my o2 things weren't lined up like you guys are saying it was pretty obvious which went where.. what ver do I have??

EP3SiBoi90
05-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh I don't know what kind you have. All I know about the ver 2 is that there was no flex pipe like the ver 3. I dunno haha!

EP3SiBoi90
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
UPDATE 6/14/10:

Sorry to keep posting like this, but I just need to know something. This install is taking much longer than I had expected. I blame it on the really really stubborn bolts that I couldn't remove on the exhaust manifold until now.

I realized that the Catalytic Converter has built in bolts that I don't even want to bother trying to take off. So, would it be same to find replacement bolts at a Lowes or something? I might go ahead and replace all the bolts/nuts that I have taken off and are going to reuse in the future with new ones.

T_Virus
06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
no need to apologize on your thread...

Hmm...I'm not sure. I didn't have to go to Lowes...Are you using power tools? Because that is the only option that would be the easiest.