PDA

View Full Version : Dynamat users BEWARE !!!

talonXracer
05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
I have heard alot of horror stories about Dynamat trapping water and turning cars to total junk, well I discovered the horrors in reality!!!!!!!!!!
A single wrinkle allowed the water from the leaking rear shock/strut "O"ring to enter under the Dynamat and then sit and corrode the living shit out of the sheet metal. Luckily this area is not a load bearing or stress area, so it is another fairly easy fix, but I really didnt want to see or have to repair this kind of crap!!!!!!!!!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/newinterior004.jpg

Jukka
05-26-2010, 05:33 PM
jebus. I'm glad I rolled mine on completely flat and only did it on the floor pannels and that I use floor liners during the winter so now water gets out of them.

talonXracer
05-26-2010, 05:45 PM
That was heated and rolled tight, And it is in the rear spare tire area. The Dynamat lifted up in one single piece, with the paint still attached, from overtop of the rust area, the Dynamat is still attached VERY well where there is no corrosion.

It is not nearly as bad as it first looks, There is minor rust damage, not really that bad, but the two metal covers over the two holes were completely corroded and pushed thru with just finger pressure, underneath them the sealant protected the sheetmetal. There is one small spot where a spot weld in the floor rusted thru, I can cut that out(about nickle sized hole) and mig the hole closed.

RHCP0801
05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
wow im gonna post this up on another forum im on