PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions about k20, k24 swapable parts

juan martinez
05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
This might seem like a noob question, but i was wondering if the k20 fuel rail fits k24. My research says it does.. Also, I am looking for a header and mid pipe brands that fits both the k20 and k24 (I know it will have to be extended for swap) that doesn't have the issue of hitting the sway bar. One last question, any problems using the ITR sway bar with the swap if I used that bar with the brembo swap and it hitting the mid pipe? I am looking to picking up some parts and doing some slight mods to k20, but don't want to waste the money should I get ready to swap in the k24a2 motor later on. Sorry for noob question, had hard time finding answer. I have researched this some, I just want to confirm it. I kinda get paranoid about this.

bchaney
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Why not a race header? The DCRH should fit both k20 and k24 from what I hear.

If I were you I'd wait on the header until you decide on the swap tho.

juan martinez
05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Why not a race header? The DCRH should fit both k20 and k24 from what I hear.

If I were you I'd wait on the header until you decide on the swap tho.

I'm just trying to get alittle performance out of my EP3 till I do the swap. Did the megan headers and downpipe work well with the k24 swap? I"ve been looking at them and they are in my price range.

bchaney
06-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Not sure about the megan stuff but if you want better performance out of your current k20 or future k24 a race header is the way to go.

The DCRH is like the entry level race header but it will outperform any shorty + test pipe. They're like 300? new but you can find them real cheap used. Megan shorty + downpipe is like 250. Well worth the extra 50 bucks.

skoundrelusa
06-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree with just going with a DCRH, unless you have major emissions issues in your state. Used can be had for like $200 shipped maybe even cheaper.

Used my EP3 specific DCRH on my K20A3 and K24A2. Just had to take off the sway bar for the K24a2. It fits but it taps the bar if you bog which drove me crazy so I said f-it and took it off.