PDA

View Full Version : Buyers remorse

rookieoftheyear
05-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I bought a used 30k miles greddy turbo kit off the used thread on here about a month ago. The guy wanted 1000 for the whole kit, intercooler and emanage. He said the kit is in great condition, runs like a champ. So he needed some oem parts so his car would run after removing the kit. I told him I would give my oem air intake, dc shorty header, and my fuel injectors for 200 off 1000. About a week I get a text saying there is a crack in the turbo mani. No big deal, I can just buy a new one from showstoppers for 400. Now I only have to pay 400 for the kit without the turbo mani. At this point I’m thinking the guy is legit. So I send 450 and my parts because we our paying for our own shipping and I was trying to help him out little on his end. Keep in mind I don’t have another car and bumming rides. So about a week later he gets the parts. Then maybe 5 days later he gets the 450. Next he tells me he is taking the parts off his car that weekend and will be sending them soon. About 5 days later he told me he sent them and should get them in 3 days. I ask him for the tracking number, he told me he will get it to me when he gets home. Now I wait for three more days when the kit is suppose to be here and he sends me a tracking number. I look it up and get no info on it. I tell him that and he said he didn’t know whats up. So I call the store where he sent it from and ask them. They said he just brought it in and it hasn’t left the store. That is why there is no info on it yet. So I let it go cuase now it’s on the way. About the second day I was looking on the greddy website at all the parts I should be getting. I see a wiring harness. i ask him if he sent it and he told it didn’t come with one. Ok… well whatever. Next day or 2 I get a text telling me I need to send my wiring harness. lol ok. So I wait for the kit to come so I know what wires to cut. Get the kit no injectors no wiring harness. wtf! Me “dude did you send the injectors?” him “no ill send them now”. We are going on about three weeks with no car. A week later I text him for the tracking number for the injectors no fucking response. No reply for a week. Finally he text me saying he was in Mexico and he will send them now. O.k.. shoot me a tracking number when you send it. It has been a week and a day, No injectors No reply. Now I have to find new injectors and wiring harness.

P.s. I understand when you buy used most anything goes as far as the shape the parts are in. The turbo must be rebuilt and there in oil all inside it and in the intercooler. I forgot, the intercooler is all smashed up too. I will never buy used again.

Draw7Seven
05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
That blows man. I think it usually ends up costing you less when you just keep your stock parts on the off chance that the stuff somebody sends you is crap. It's not that you can't buy used at all, it's that you can't drive your car until you get all of these extra pieces. That would be the frustrating element to me, at least.

the JigGa mAn
05-27-2010, 07:56 PM
if you payed with paypal, file a dispute and claim to get your money back, thats bullshit

HondaFreak
05-27-2010, 08:09 PM
EPHatch has a rating system for sellers. If the person doesn't have a seller rating, demand pics. I agree if your not happy file a dispute with PayPal. At least you might get your money back. I'm honest so I don't understand why people lie and try to get one over on others. Live and learn I guess.

Christian

BeaterEP
05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
That's bullshit man. Sure, you have to expect some standard wear and tear on used parts, but this sounds like a lot more than the standard. On top of which he didn't send you all the parts you need to get your car running!
Dispute this guy, if for nothing other than the fact that his slow, lazy ass has kept you waiting for...what, more than a month?!!?
Get your money back, and fuck that guy.

/mad at stupid suckers

PS
I wouldn't completely give up on the used market, especially here. I know I'm not alone when I say that the vast majority of sellers, at least on the 'Hatch, are honest folks that are just looking to get parts out that they no longer need.
Sound like you got a dbag, though. They're pretty rare around here. :mbiggrin:

MajorJones
05-27-2010, 08:30 PM
EPHatch has a rating system for sellers. If the person doesn't have a seller rating, demand pics. I agree if your not happy file a dispute with PayPal. At least you might get your money back. I'm honest so I don't understand why people lie and try to get one over on others. Live and learn I guess.

Christian

I agree, it is really crapy that you have had all this trouble for something that you were promised to be in good condition. This is a HUGE no no in my books :nono:

rookieoftheyear
05-27-2010, 09:12 PM
I didn’t want to mess with paypal for some dumb reasons. I sent him a cashier’s check instead.

I became a member of ephatch 04 -05 ish until the crash. I didn’t really chime in that much at all. I just like reading about everything going on with our cars. I’m just now getting back into it. I guess I shouldn’t say no used parts ever again just parts I can’t see with my own eyes.

His biggest excuse was he was too drunk to talk about what was going on. Hate to get on a fellow “EPer” but just made me mad.

hondaguy92129
05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
ahhh always pay with paypal!!!!! Cashiers check is the same as cash, no recourse for you now. And I agree with everyone else, always ask for pictures of the items before you pay! If it's something expensive I ask for something confirming that it is their picture (name on piece of paper, take a few pictures of specific pieces/angles etc.)

don't give up on ephatch though, I have only bought a few things but by and large everyone here seems awesome and willing to work with you. I even had somebody willing to take a day off from work and come meet me to deliver a part!! how badass is that?

rookieoftheyear
05-27-2010, 09:36 PM
i love ephatch. never have i seen a better website.

MadLorEP3
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
make sure though that if your gonna file a claim with paypal that you do it immediately b4 the 45 days deadline (double check the time limit tho, Im not 100%)

same thing happened to me b4, the problem is that I waited too damn long for the dude to response, I guess I was being naive and hoping he would take car of it, he never did, so he screwed me and paypal screwed me too

so do it asap bro

good luck...

Distance
05-27-2010, 11:28 PM
make sure though that if your gonna file a claim with paypal that you do it immediately b4 the 45 days deadline (double check the time limit tho, Im not 100%)

same thing happened to me b4, the problem is that I waited too damn long for the dude to response, I guess I was being naive and hoping he would take car of it, he never did, so he screwed me and paypal screwed me too

so do it asap bro

good luck...

i think he stated that he didn't use paypal and sented a cashier check instead.

to the op: i think your out of luck man if you didn't use paypal. best thing to do is keep hitting him up.

MadLorEP3
05-27-2010, 11:43 PM
i think he stated that he didn't use paypal and sented a cashier check instead.

to the op: i think your out of luck man if you didn't use paypal. best thing to do is keep hitting him up.

my bad

either way good luck with resolving this issue bro

I really hate scammers and they get me all fired up

Distance
05-27-2010, 11:47 PM
my bad

either way good luck with resolving this issue bro

I really hate scammers and they get me all fired up

its kool. hopefully this guy isn't actually a scammer and just a lagger.

mugen03
05-28-2010, 05:59 AM
i know who you are talking about heh. That sucks man sorry to hear that, i do know he was in mexico though. I think you just got the crap end of the stick when it came to this deal man, I had a deal with him and he backed out on me but maybe it was for the best.

EpThreeD
05-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Find and address and make a little trip. Jk, but good luck to you man, I've been burned to so i go the extra mile to protect myself now.

Sub
05-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Drop a name! I like to buy stuff from here, but I don't want to be dealing with Asshats and I'm sure other dont want to also.

Post this in here http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43540-***-Scammer-list-Buyer-beware!-***

I think I would make a trip just to see him, and get my money back (in some form or other).

Sorry for the asshat you had to deal with, but on a good note I have gotting a good amount of things from other hatchers and never had a problem.

Jukka
05-28-2010, 08:56 AM
that sucks man. Main reason why i would never buy something like a used supercharger or turbo unless i know the original owner personaly. I hope you get this all sorted out.

You should honestly post the guys SN or name on the buyers beware list though. Last thing we need is some duchebag on here ripping off fellow EPers

mugen03
05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
im not dropping any names or anything but...........

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?55014-Greddy-EP3-Turbo-Kit&highlight=

Deadphishy
05-28-2010, 01:16 PM
im not dropping any names or anything but...........

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?55014-Greddy-EP3-Turbo-Kit&highlight=

I see you know this guy, sounds like he knew his kit was reaching the end of it's life, and he wanted to pawn it off on someone.

56chevydan
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Well we've heard one side of the story now.
I think a mod should encourage the seller to tell his side of the story and then a decision should be made whether or not to have the seller make the sale right or refund the buyer's money.
Further action after that should be based on the seller's cooperation in making this sale right.
Just my $ .02 worth.

rookieoftheyear
05-28-2010, 04:32 PM
i would like to hear what he has to say too but havent been able to get a hold of him in a week.

shortstop
05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Fuck that guy man, your not too far away from him. I had a deal with him and we were talkin for a week or 2 back and forth and then he was like, oh it sold. I tried to buy it 5 minutes after he posted it for sale!!!

mugen03
06-02-2010, 07:06 AM
I see you know this guy, sounds like he knew his kit was reaching the end of it's life, and he wanted to pawn it off on someone.

yeah my friend planned on buying this kit from him but the seller bailed on that deal too. i say try an get your money back bro

Tumble Weed
06-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I didn’t want to mess with paypal for some dumb reasons. I sent him a cashier’s check instead.

"rookieoftheyear" fits you well

thakid
06-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Is this thread for real? I am the seller of the kit. The kit ran perfect and wish i didnt sell to this person at all. I only sold kit for 400$ because i dropped the mani off the work bench and it cracked. I told him all the parts i need before i send out the kit. He never sent out injector harness tails or spacers. So i been looking all through hell and back to find them and i cannot. He still has not sent out tails or spacers so no i will not send out the injectors or tails to him. He has made this a bad experience and i would not sell or buy from this person again. Once i find tails and spacers than i will send him mine but til than. I wont. And mugen03 i never backed out of the deal with you or your friend. Your friend never came thro and i told you i wont part my car unless a buyer comes thro and wants to pay for less. I got a buyer who wants to buy car as it sits for more than i even asked. Theres my side of the story.

Draw7Seven
06-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Take it to the mods, hearing the peanut gallery is only going to make this a mud fight.

rookieoftheyear
07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?56876-Forget-a-title.-Check-it.&p=773366&posted=1#post773366

people forget too soon.

MugenReplica
07-01-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?56876-Forget-a-title.-Check-it.&p=773366&posted=1#post773366

people forget too soon.

Did you ever get your Greddy kit sorted out?

rookieoftheyear
07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
i am still with out my car. i ended up buying guts for the turbo from greddy in japan. i bought the injectors from summit racing. just waiting on the pods for my boost and air/fuel gauges to come in from showstoppers.

MugenReplica
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
i am still with out my car. i ended up buying guts for the turbo from greddy in japan. i bought the injectors from summit racing. just waiting on the pods for my boost and air/fuel gauges to come in from showstoppers.

Glad it's working out for you. I was hoping you were going to get it on. One of these days I gotta see if I can trade somebody my Volks for a used turbo kit. Hope to see it all on your Ep3 and working soon.

lldiesel386ll
07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Glad it's working out for you. I was hoping you were going to get it on. One of these days I gotta see if I can trade somebody my Volks for a used turbo kit. Hope to see it all on your Ep3 and working soon.

when that happens i call dibs on the supercharger :mbiggrin:

MugenReplica
07-02-2010, 09:34 AM
when that happens i call dibs on the supercharger :mbiggrin:

Who says I'm going to get rid of the supercharger....