PDA

View Full Version : Fire.

ericl244
05-28-2010, 07:46 AM
I want to totally light this car on fire. So two days ago, the hanger for my megan racing down pipe decided to rip off of the down pipe, ok no big deal, take out the dp, weld it up and put it back in. As I am leaving my apartment complex, i hear a loud pop and think nothing of it, i figured it was my coilover sleeves moving back into place because the car was jacked up. Not the case, now my headlights stay on ALL OF THE TIME, whether the switch is in on the position or not. And when the car is OFF the lights to turn off as well, but if i try to turn them on while the car is off, i hear a loud clicking noise from behind the glove box it seems. So I fix one problem, and after it is fixed, ANOTHER totally unrelated item decides to go on the fritz. Not to mention i am still in an uphill battle with my a/c and the texas summer.

Anyone have ANY idea what could be causing this wonderful electrical problem i am having now? My girl friend already hates riding in my piece of shit without a/c, can't imagine how she would feel about not being able to see at night.:mconfused:

mugen03
05-28-2010, 08:05 AM
hmm that is odd, have you tried checking fuses. although with blown fuses i would assume that they would stay off not on all the time lol

ericl244
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
hmm that is odd, have you tried checking fuses. although with blown fuses i would assume that they would stay off not on all the time lol

Yeah i checked them out, all of them were good. Right now it's pointing me in the direction of ELD, which i guess i need to see how much it is going to cost me to replace.

ericl244
05-28-2010, 08:11 AM

Yeah i checked them out, all of them were good. Right now it's pointing me in the direction of ELD, which i guess i need to see how much it is going to cost me to replace.

Jukka
05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
did you check the relay?? if a relay blows, it can make a poping sound like you discribed and can also bridge the gap so that the curicut is constantly on. I would look at that. Also for the a/c whats the troubles?? If its not blowing cold, go get a system evacuation and recharge done, should cost around $60-100, if it leaks, they will be able to pick it up too while doing it.

RHCP0801
05-28-2010, 08:53 AM
i doubt its the eld, if the eld went bad a lot more than your headlights would be messed up. Check the relay as those do make popping sounds

talonXracer
05-28-2010, 10:02 AM
It could be relays for the headlight, also there is a known issue with early EP3's with burning up the headlight wiring.

AKEP
05-28-2010, 05:07 PM
It could be relays for the headlight, also there is a known issue with early EP3's with burning up the headlight wiring.

fasho. happened to my corolla. true story. i was there.

username011
05-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Ive replaced my ac 4 times in my ep my current one needs the fan replaced and the ac only works on the highway.

MajorJones
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM

Ya it happened to me but they don't stay on. The wiring harness melts causing them never to turn on. The reason is the lever/switch that your lights and blinkers are on frys them.

ericl244
05-30-2010, 10:01 PM
well got the problem fixed. Traded that piece of shit in on saturday.

dirtyduck17
05-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Well I guess that fixed it. Traded a POS for something with a warranty. (I hope)

02TWSI
06-02-2010, 12:49 PM

hahaha, right on