PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions...

hondaguy92129
05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey guys I have been looking at suspension upgrades for awhile now and one that stuck in my mind is the bilstein/eibach combo (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54138-Bilstein-Eibach&highlight=bilstein). From tire rack I can get the shocks/springs for ~$1000 but do I need anything else to run this setup? Will it be a direct fit or is some modding required? What about a camber kit? And how hard is the install? Is this something I can do in my garage? I'm using my stock 04 rims if that matters at all.

Also any other suspension systems that you recommend for roughly ~$1k? I live in San Diego and our roads are pretty nice but I don't want my car slammed, 1"-1.5" drop is perfect for me :mbiggrin: I was looking at the Buddy Club N+ but they are a bit more expensive, around $1200 is what I have been seeing.

heh sorry for all the q's, thanks a lot for the help :mcool:

Passenger
05-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I had someone do my springs for me but the camber kit wasn't bad but you will need it once it is lowered. For $1000 I'd just go with a coilover system.

hondaguy92129
05-28-2010, 09:36 PM
So instead of building a system you would get a prebuilt one? Any suggestions? My main concern is handling and durability. I'm not planning on tracking the car but I do want it to handle well.

ep3jd
05-29-2010, 12:00 PM
lots of kids seem to like the megans. or you could hop on the raceland bandwagon like the rest of us.... jk... sort of. lol