PDA

View Full Version : question diff between the si and the sir

slamedrides
12-05-2002, 05:12 PM
This is my first honda and prior to that i really didn't know anything about them.. I got one and still don't know much.. was wondering what is the diff between the si and the sir?

civicracer.com
12-05-2002, 05:15 PM
i think the canadian SiR has cloth trunk interior

not sure

but the mose obvious is the speedo mhp/kmh

and the badge

im sure there is more...but not too far off

myeverlovinsir
12-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Don't forget the mirror defog, and milano red option.;)

IceD out N CALI
12-05-2002, 05:33 PM
yeah they got those heated mirrors, and different badging

02-sir
12-05-2002, 06:02 PM
i think the canadian SiR has cloth trunk interior

what your truck like?

civicracer.com
12-05-2002, 06:14 PM
my si is all plastic in trunk area

JSIR
12-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by civicracer.com
my si is all plastic in trunk area

that is strange, I never knew that. Mine is all carpeting/cloth. How about daytime running lights, do you guys have them yet ?.

02blksi
12-05-2002, 06:34 PM
"How about daytime running lights, do you guys have them yet ?."

No.....and my trunk isnt all plastic ( the side panels are but the cargo area is carpeted.) --Joe :) who wishes he had defog'n mirrors. !!!

civicracer.com
12-05-2002, 06:35 PM
no day time running lights

although i can get the option

i think your guys have oil warmer too right?

myeverlovinsir
12-05-2002, 06:41 PM
Not sure about the oil warmer, but the plastic back is really weird.
Wonder if this is just your ride?

JSIR
12-05-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by civicracer.com
no day time running lights

although i can get the option

i think your guys have oil warmer too right?

no we don't get the oil cooler or warmer. I remember reading that US Si's have side airbags as optional, we didnt' get that option, although I wouldn't have gotten it anyways. Our trunk sides are plastic too.

slamedrides
12-06-2002, 12:15 AM
so it is pretty much the same but with some more nicities... same 160 hp 5 speed

myeverlovinsir
12-06-2002, 12:21 AM
there is a guy on here from T.O. he has a milano red ride.
Am just waiting for him to post the pics. Giddy up!:p

Silvershadow
12-06-2002, 02:55 AM
SiR is the same except Can. law reqiures day time running lights .Options like a funky looking ash tray that fits into d cup holder & the tite looking SiR floor mats that cost $100 US more than d US one.A $100 bucks is a bit to sew on the "R".

myeverlovinsir
12-06-2002, 03:19 AM
Have yet to see anyone running the SiR floors, but I guess its possible.
No std. alarm. but is optional, same as you guys down south. The
only std. alarm I am aware of is the radio sensor.

Same only different slighly. I am not clear about past
releases of the Si but think this is one of the times that honda has treated us to the same unit and not some watered down version of the USDM. (same boat this time) tks

JLannoo
12-06-2002, 11:31 AM
One thing the canadian model has that has not been mentioned is a Low washer fluid indicator.

I think some of us in the states could really benifit from that and the heated side mirrors.

Spidey
12-06-2002, 12:18 PM
the heated mirrors work great. already used them once.
i did not know that we had an indicator for the washer fluid. that is really handy.
Anybody know how to disable the DRLs? It's no big deal that they're on but just would rather have them off.

the trunk floor is carpeted but not the sides. are the Si's different?

bmx269
12-06-2002, 12:23 PM
I disabled my daytime running lights. They are way better now. Go to your fuse panel. Find the 7.5A fuse labelled "Day Light" ...make sure it is the "7.5A" one, there are 2 "Day Light" fuses. Remove it, and your lights are no longer running without you turning them on. :)

Silvershadow
12-06-2002, 12:50 PM
@ $240.00 CAN. I'm not surprise u haven't seen the SI R flr. mats.

The best way 2 c d differences between d Si & SiR is 2 flip through d owner's manual.Under certain features(e.g.DRL) it'll say "Canadian models only"0r "Optional in U.S."(e.g. SRS).Then there's the "Si RR models only" (which uses the right button next to shifter to activate the) NOS..........HeeeHeee.......Jus Joking ;D

Joking aside.....the European models have tite feature.I don't know if it's a option or STD.........is a/t folding side mirrors(for those narrow streets ).Could use that feature for d US ,WHen jerks use mirrors for "mailbox baseball".

myeverlovinsir
12-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Silvershadow

Joking aside.....the European models have tite feature.I don't know if it's a option or STD.........is a/t folding side mirrors(for those narrow streets ).Could use that feature for d US ,WHen jerks use mirrors for "mailbox baseball".

The folding mirrors are STD, check your ride.

JLannoo
12-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

The folding mirrors are STD, check your ride.

He means power folding mirrors. A button on the mirror controls,same place the heated mirror switch is in Canada. Anyway...you hit it and the mirrors fold in automatically.

SmoothOperator
12-06-2002, 03:14 PM
there is a guy on here from T.O. he has a milano red ride.
Am just waiting for him to post the pics. Giddy up!:p
Here's one of my dealerships SiR's. They bring it out to the meets here....
http://www.londonautoclub.org/images/meet21092002/PICT0672.JPG

George Knighton
12-07-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by JSIR
How about daytime running lights, do you guys have them yet ?.

What do you mean, yet? :)

Your daytime running lights are mandated by the Canadian government.

We do not have them in the states because we regard it as still debatable that they do any good, and it does waste energy.

TEKBRAIN
12-07-2002, 04:38 AM
Same only different slighly. I am not clear about past
releases of the Si but think this is one of the times that honda has treated us to the same unit and not some watered down version of the USDM. (same boat this time) tks
99-00 Canadian SiR was almost identical to the 99-00 American Si...

JSIR
12-07-2002, 07:48 AM
personally I would err on the side of safety if there is debate about daytime running lights. There is a reason why motorcycles have used lights for many years in daytime.

fyzm7357
12-07-2002, 06:03 PM
Anyone know where to get the heated side mirror and also a switch? Anyone know how much it would cost from a dealer? Would be pretty helpful here in Iowa....

SmoothOperator
12-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Go to www.londonhonda.com
That's my local dealership and they'll probably be able to hook you up. Just contact them via e-mail or phone. If you phone...ask for Chris Butters. Tell em Rob G. sent ya.
I imagine they're gonna be pricey though. goodluck!