PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S ECU (PRB) w/K20A2 + Reflash?

johnkimble
05-31-2010, 11:12 AM
Thinking I'll swap in the coming months and want to know if I can run the RSX-S reflash on the k20a2 in my EP on the RSX-S/PRB ECU.

I couldn't find the answer anywhere and just want to check before I start spending.

Also, if I want to take care of the reflash before I swap, can I send the ECU of to hondata to reflash and then after the swap, take the reflashed ECU to honda to sync w/my key/immobilizer?

johnkimble
06-01-2010, 07:23 AM
bump

jgn6848
06-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I have the same set up but without the reflash (I'm getting the reflash next week). I have a k20a2 engine, ep3 5 spd transmission and prb/rxs-S ecu..... you basically have to swap the k20a2 type S engine into your car then gently drive to the dealer using your pnf ep3 ecu. Once you get there have them swap the pnf ecu to the prb ecu then they will sync your ep3 key, ep3 immobilizer and prb ecu to operate the new engine. (Now enjoy your newfound power for a little while before the power itch bites again)....... After all is installed and running correctly you can then get a reflash..... Hondata does not match different ecu's to immobilizers thats the honda dealer's job, they only upgrade software..... hope this helps

THE simple answer is No, you cannot reflash before swap is complete and running!!

johnkimble
06-01-2010, 03:49 PM
hmm well hondata is saying it won't work without kpro but I can't think of a reason as to why it won't work - esp if a syncd rsx ecu is running the motor.... so let me know how that goes man!

jgn6848
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I just got my reflashed k20a2 PRB ECU back from hondata with the 8600rpm rev limit and all I have to say is ....... wow!!!

I guess the answer is yes!! a k20a2 swap can be reflashed as long as you have a synced key and immobilizer

This thing keeps getting faster and I dont know how long b4 I crave more power..... my next move will probably be a 6sp Lsd tranny