PDA

View Full Version : Swapped a 2004 Type S

JackEp3
06-01-2010, 11:04 AM
I put a 2004 Type S into my 05 SI last year. Ever since I have had little issues. I have always got a flickering battery light and over the last 6 months it has gotten worse. Basically the battery has been tested and is fine. Something is draining it. We swapped out the alternator right from the start and it was bench tested but the issue wont go away. I replaced all the ground wires going to the battery. When I am driving the battery light flickers and at some point (especially if im running a/c and stereo) my electrical items will start to fail as if the battery is dying. First the stereo, then my ABS light will come on. Then my entire instrument panel will drop and the car will remain driving. After a few minutes everything will turn back on for another few minutes but do it again and eventually the car will shut down and decelerate. The first time I couldnt jump the car to get it started but i had the battery recharged and was able to drive it another month or so before i had another problem (but i wasnt using the a/c at all). It happened again yesterday and i was able to jump it and go the 5 miles to my house and recharge the battery. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? it seems to be getting worse but ive had it at honda and no luck. the only thing they could think was replace the ecu and see what happens but that is an expensive guess. Otherwise does anyone know a good electrical shop in the Orlando area? PLEASE HELP!

JackEp3
06-04-2010, 11:15 AM
No suggestions!?!

RHCP0801
06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
check your alternator fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel

johnkimble
07-21-2010, 10:22 AM
check your alternator fuse in the fuse box under the steering wheel

did this end up being the problem?