PDA

View Full Version : Clicking during accel from stop...

Mattlikespeople
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Loud clicking from a stop like the title says. Used to do it only when turning right and now does it more often. Took it to my mechanic and he said the CV boots looked just fine but my wheel bearing on the side was wearing out. He showed me the dust and gunk that had accumulated around it as compared with the otherside that was clean. This all sounds good and well but why would the bearing click this loud and only intermittently under accel from a stop?

falah
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
same problem

Civic5lug
06-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Are you slammed out?
How many miles are on your car?
Bearings wear bro, its just a wear and tear part. There designed to be replced.

03Ep3617
06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I have the same problem, and know what it is.

Ready here it goes I had this issue for a while and I mean a while, I looked and tried everything under the sun to diag the problem.

The thing is looking in from front of engine bay to the left where the mid chassis bar connects to the passanger frame, there is a steering part bolted ontop of the factory looking strut bar.

If you examine closely the steering part is cracked where 3 bolts connects this to the chassis 1 big one and the other 2 are on the other piece of the steering part that is cracked.

Grab the pass side tie rod move it back n forth observe the metal plate shift back n forth slightly and notice the play and click clack sound b4 your eyes. Easy fix maybe just take to a shop to possibly weld it together again.

But my problem is a lil more complicated due to the fact one of the 2 bolts broke inside the chassis and have to get it removed and then welded back to one piece.

Hope this is the answer to all you guys problems about the damned click clack no shop or person can identify !!!