06-01-2010, 12:07 PM
which coilover would you choose?

Megan sucks
so maybe type 2

Si Death
06-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Megan sucks
so maybe type 2

i see what was your experience with them??

Ronnie
06-01-2010, 12:19 PM
i see what was your experience with them??

spring rates are not bad but they are stiff as fuck that ur teeth will rattle all day long, honestly I never had them on my mini van but my buddy had and once I sat in his car, my spinal cord was hurting for 3 days
- just FYI, if u are planing to go damper I would strongly suggest u to go with Tein SS series -

hope that helped

Si Death
06-01-2010, 12:21 PM
how much are the tein ss??

Ronnie
06-01-2010, 12:24 PM
how much are the tein ss??

Retail price is 1500
but u can deff find them for around 1330 or sth
- how much are those megans that u are planing to buy ?

- BTW: if u find tein ss USED, for around 900 to 1000, they are still a good buy

Si Death
06-01-2010, 12:36 PM
kool, looked at some prices, what is the pillowball mount?? do i need it??

ep_hatcher_510
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I have Megan, the only problem i have with them is their height adjusting locking collar kept coming loose, so i locktite the crap out of them. From a daily driving stand point, Megans are not stiff, but they can be. Their lower dampening adjustments feels good, but once you get up to the higher adjustments it can be stiff for some people, and they have the straight arm if you want to go super dump. I never had F&F so i can comment on those, but from what i heard they are not too bad.

ep_hatcher_510
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
kool, looked at some prices, what is the pillowball mount?? do i need it??

some coilovers you can use your OEM top hats/mounts. The pillowball mount is just that, except for our cars if you do get them, the fronts one will give you camber adjustments.

Ronnie
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I have Megan, the only problem i have with them is their height adjusting locking collar kept coming loose, so i locktite the crap out of them. From a daily driving stand point, Megans are not stiff, but they can be. Their lower dampening adjustments feels good, but once you get up to the higher adjustments it can be stiff for some people, and they have the straight arm if you want to go super dump. I never had F&F so i can comment on those, but from what i heard they are not too bad.

Here you go bro,
I think he answered ur question.
-like I said I don't have megan on my car so I said that based on what I heard from ppl

Hey dude (ep_hatcher_510) how much milage do u have on ur megans ?

MadLorEP3
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
whichever coilovers you choose just be careful buying them used
you cant tell if they are blown
I got ripped off on this site before that way
dude said that the tein coilovers were in great shape and that all I needed was a $15 fix for a rear eyelet bushing but ended having to cost more than the coilovers itself to fix
he sold me blown shit and lied about it

bottom line is that I couldnt tell from the pictures that he posted
so whatever you decide I would get brand new unless you know the seller and can inspect them in person

but I dont really like either of the coilovers you mentioned just from reading about them, not personal experience...good luck

Si Death
06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
whichever coilovers you choose just be careful buying them used
you cant tell if they are blown
I got ripped off on this site before that way
dude said that the tein coilovers were in great shape and that all I needed was a $15 fix for a rear eyelet bushing but ended having to cost more than the coilovers itself to fix
he sold me blown shit and lied about it

bottom line is that I couldnt tell from the pictures that he posted
so whatever you decide I would get brand new unless you know the seller and can inspect them in person

but I dont really like either of the coilovers you mentioned just from reading about them, not personal experience...good luck

are you staying with the progress?? or are u gonna get something else to stiffen the rear so it doesnt rub on the white tab?

willy_akino
06-02-2010, 03:09 AM
I HAVE F&F type 1...they are stiff as hell but good. really bouncy

MadLorEP3
06-02-2010, 03:24 AM
are you staying with the progress?? or are u gonna get something else to stiffen the rear so it doesnt rub on the white tab?

Im gonna go stiffer
bc rsd
just dont really have time and too much extra cheese to get them at this point
but I be changing for sure...

EpThreeD
06-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Any opinions about the type 1's? I found some new for 600 and megans with straight arm for 800. What should i get?

4angrybadgers
06-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Any opinions about the type 1's? I found some new for 600 and megans with straight arm for 800. What should i get?

My EP had the Type 1's when I bought it, and I rode on them for a while (~1.5 years). The reason I got rid of them is a long story, but it had to do with replacing the dampers and getting all sorts of nasty noises with the new dampers.

Anyway... I had no complaints about the Type 1's. My set was designed for the Type-S - I'm not sure if they actually made any Type 1 sets for the EP, so double-check which chassis it was designed for, and if it's the Type-S then be aware you have to do a little extra work to make them fit. (Type-S or Element tie rod ends, and you have to trim something around the rear dampers.)

EpThreeD
06-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks! Im thinking megan with he straight arms will do the trick.