PDA

View Full Version : To all those who have trouble driving in snow

02SiHB
12-05-2002, 07:02 PM
EASE OFF THE GAS!

:) j/k you east coasters be careful today... I'm north of Philadelphia and almost had a few accidents in my LX. So take it easy and stay safe!

BarracksSi
12-05-2002, 09:28 PM
EASE OFF THE GAS!!

No kidding -- some of the yahoos I've seen today don't know a damn thing about snow driving.

Don't spin the wheels -- start in 2nd if you have to (which is why automatics can be put in 2nd gear... otherwise I hate 'em), feather the clutch if necessary, and just go slower.

Brake earlier, turn slower, anything to keep from sliding around.

And for God's sake, don't hurry. Just get there.

hacim
12-06-2002, 08:27 AM
I have drivin in plenty of ice and snow in my EP already. The trick is that you dont take the car past 3000 rpm in any gear. If you take it past 3k rpm all the tires do is spin. Just be easy on the gas, thats all.

nickw252
12-06-2002, 08:41 AM
Every time we get snow here I always go really fucking slow because my Azenis suck in the snow, but no matter what the situation, I always have some asshat in a huge SUV or a shitty 1980's Caprice or something tailgating me...BAH, Fuck bad drivers!

Mechanic
12-06-2002, 09:38 AM
Snow! SNOW! You're gonna drive your car in the snow?

Yea, yea, I know, you don't have a choice. But I hate snow and all the salt and crap they put it in it. Nothing you can do, short of exploding yr engine, is as harmful to an automobile as driving it in snow and slush. It absolutely rots it. (Doubt that? When the snow's gone, get down on yr hands and knees and look inside the grill at the bottom of your radiator. Then think about the brakes and every fitting and weld on yr car.) God, I hate snow.

There. I feel better now.

02SiHB
12-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Some people don't have a choice... Gotta drive 60 miles round trip to work to make the money. Not everyone can get the day off smiply for snow... Another thing I think is humerous is that in my little civics, I see big SUV's pussy-footing around in the snow... Pshhhht... What a waste of space.

Spidey
12-06-2002, 12:21 PM
yeah driving in the snow is tricky because its so SLIPPERY!!:p

CRV440
12-06-2002, 04:18 PM
I like the snow. I love to get all four wheels spinning. U-turns are easier too. I like to find large empty parking lots and get going in a full sideways drift. (sorry, i just had to post ;) ).

But I know what you're saying. I drove my sister's Civic EX around in the snow for awhile. It wasn't easy with a car that light.