PDA

View Full Version : Question: D2 Coilovers

simonseys
06-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I did a search I couldn't really find any useful info on it... I'm just wondering if anyone is using these coilovers and if so how do you feel about them? I've heard/read some mixed reviews on it, but I can't make up my mind on them.. Any info is appreciated! I have a 04 VBP EP3 and I drive it daily, and in the near future I hope to take it to the track, so I'm not too sure if D2 is the way to go..

*Edit* I am on a budget, and I would prefer to stay under say.. $1200 for coilovers

Civic5lug
06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I did a search I couldn't really find any useful info on it... I'm just wondering if anyone is using these coilovers and if so how do you feel about them? I've heard/read some mixed reviews on it, but I can't make up my mind on them.. Any info is appreciated! I have a 04 VBP EP3 and I drive it daily, and in the near future I hope to take it to the track, so I'm not too sure if D2 is the way to go..

*Edit* I am on a budget, and I would prefer to stay under say.. $1200 for coilovers
I just recently installed a set on mine.
There def worth it and the company is VERY easy to deal with if you have any issues. I had a weld pop off of the brake line bracket when I was unstalling them to get my LSD installed. They had a new lower section on my door step within 3days for freeeeeee.
Only problem I have is the front top camber plates dont offer enough camber, to max out the adjustment bolts you'll have to cut into the shock tower.
I barely have ANY negative camber with the bolts maxed out (without cutting the tower) and SPC camber bolts. I'm trying to find some bigger camber bolts to fix my camber.

Def a good investment though. Very good quality :thumbu:

03Ep3617
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I would be the first to give the NEGATIVE feedback deserved on these coilovers, my local shop is selling these things to all makes and models like hot cakes.

The reality to it is they were selling TEIN suspension prior, guess D2 is offering them a cheaper wholesale than the better known TEIN.

TEIN > D2 IMO.

Anyways my point in the whole matter is mixed with the fact they are cheaper, 85% of the customers that have upgraded to newer rides and were convinced to try out their new hot "cheaper wholesale product" are not finding the comfort they had before with the TEIN products the shop offered.

Majority of people are saying that when lowered aggresively they bottom out way to easy, although the crowd that does not dump the height are saying they do not feel as smooth as their previous TEIN coil's did.

Jukka
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
^^ This post brought to you by TEIN..

Back on topic. I bought a set for an EM2 for my EP a week or so ago. I haven't got a chance to install them yet, but they look pretty good. I found a set localy used for $500CND, only downside was they were missing the keys. But I have riden in an EM2 with a set of them, and they were comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft, not bouncy. Good overall coilover. I would say check kijiji or craigslist or beyond.ca or something and see if you can find a set localy. If you buy em new, you getting them from Speedtech??

Also, before anyone posts "You should buy TEIN or Progress or HKS or Buddy club or w/e", remember this guy is in Canada were we get fucked when it comes to pricing on stuff like coilovers. Megan coilovers here retail for $1350CND.

ep3_civic_si
06-02-2010, 01:02 PM
i have a set on mines, it's been about 6 months now it rides similar to the buddy club rsd's but the d2's are a little smoother probably due to the lower spring rates. Other than that, if you plan to track the car later, I would purchase from them directly. That being said you can order custom spring rates and revalvings and it's still under 1000 for it. they make them and ship them out for you with the custom spring rates as well without extra charge. In my opinion, they arn't the best as far as buddy clubs comes to mind but they are equivilant if not the same as teins in my opinion. i've had tein basics, tein superstreets, buddy club rsd's, and now d2's and so far buddy and d2's are hands down worth the purchase depending on what you decide you want to do.

_shift
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I had these on my first EP. They were a comfortable ride for a DD, but when I had my moments of spirited driving, they were a little soft to me. Granted, like stated before, the spring rates are a little softer then others you could find in the same price range, so that was to be expected. So if you really do plan to do some track days/autocross/HPDE etc. I would maybe look elsewhere. If you are just going to DD mostly, with some fun weekend driving every now and again, then yea, these aren't so bad. Just really depends on how you plan to drive the car the majority of the time.

03Ep3617
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
^^ This post brought to you by TEIN...

Lol i know i recommend TEIN to all fellow tuners or people who just want to make their car become lower etc.

But comparing them D2's I gave my opinion, and explained why.

simonseys
06-05-2010, 11:56 AM
^^ This post brought to you by TEIN..

Back on topic. I bought a set for an EM2 for my EP a week or so ago. I haven't got a chance to install them yet, but they look pretty good. I found a set localy used for $500CND, only downside was they were missing the keys. But I have riden in an EM2 with a set of them, and they were comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft, not bouncy. Good overall coilover. I would say check kijiji or craigslist or beyond.ca or something and see if you can find a set localy. If you buy em new, you getting them from Speedtech??

Also, before anyone posts "You should buy TEIN or Progress or HKS or Buddy club or w/e", remember this guy is in Canada were we get fucked when it comes to pricing on stuff like coilovers. Megan coilovers here retail for $1350CND.

I was actually thinking about getting them off the passwordJDM site, I'm more concerned about the reliability of these coilovers, everyone keeps telling me "you get what you pay for", and Valo666 is right, here in Canada we get raped up the ass with pricing... For what my budget is set at I think the D2's are my only option at this point.

BTW can anyone post pics of what there EP's look like dropped on D2's???

Ronnie
06-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Lol i know i recommend TEIN to all fellow tuners or people who just want to make their car become lower etc.But comparing them D2's I gave my opinion, and explained why.

TEIN SS FTW bro

I use to sit on D2, and it rode a lil roughly + can't get a lot of negative camber with the bolt maxed out on camber plate which it really sucks but over all I give 6.5 (maybe) 7 out of 10

MinnesotaR6
06-14-2010, 06:00 AM
TEIN SS FTW bro

I use to sit on D2, and it rode a lil roughly + can't get a lot of negative camber with the bolt maxed out on camber plate which it really sucks but over all I give 6.5 (maybe) 7 out of 10

how much are you guys buying your tien SS for? also where. thanks.

RHDmeatwagon
06-14-2010, 06:48 AM
I've had them for a little over a month or so and I'm satisfied with them for now. I mean they are a little smoother then I was expecting but I still like them. I had HFP suspension on before it and so there is a little bit better handling i suppose but def not night and day.
Sorry shitty cell picture.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs511.ash1/30177_1322301865331_1464360140_30808300_3484976_n. jpg

I've talked to a few other people who had them for a while and no issues. I'm not tooo rough on my car so hopefully it will be the same. Good luck

Ronnie
06-14-2010, 08:33 AM
how much are you guys buying your tien SS for? also where. thanks.

Oh I bought from a local warhorse in Austin a lil while ago for around $1210.00 brand new. However , u can buy them from clubrsx.com too b/c I trust them and they also have the lowest price among other websites that I know of. I think u can do price matching with them if could find a solid evidence that proves it , u know ?

R34L-St4tus
06-28-2010, 07:48 AM
I have these on my car, the ride quality is edging but i didn't get for that purpose. i got it so i could slam. my d2 are shorter then the factory ones, cause if u max it out the bottom of the shock will ride on the axle boot.

EpThreeD
06-28-2010, 09:41 AM
A lot of coilvers when lowerd 2+ in will bottom out and be bouncy. Spring rates are very important, and often with a cheaper set of coilovers you will get near stock rates which will not do. You get what you pay for, I have yet to really find an exception to this statement.

carrera10468
06-30-2010, 04:21 AM
D2 and ksport suck !!!!!!!! They are both the same company.... I am selling my ksport for 600.00 with less then 300 miles on it, i paid 1100.00 ,anybody wants them.... How ever tell u D2 or ksport are good never driven a car with tein or buddyclub.... F***kin Ksport,D2 i think they are made in China......piece of sh***!!!!!!!!

introvert
06-30-2010, 06:31 AM
D2 and ksport suck !!!!!!!! They are both the same company.... I am selling my ksport for 600.00 with less then 300 miles on it, i paid 1100.00 ,anybody wants them.... How ever tell u D2 or ksport are good never driven a car with tein or buddyclub.... F***kin Ksport,D2 i think they are made in China......piece of sh***!!!!!!!!

Excellent review, my friend.