PDA

View Full Version : my engine runnin hot

SI-FLAKO
06-02-2010, 05:57 PM
i dont know it its normal or if there is something wrong with my car. when im on my car at a red light and i take off i get the smell of radiator coolant. ive checked it but im not leaking water any where can any one tell me how to fix that. by the way my car dont over heat. only when its low in coolant. thanks

LI03SI
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
how many miles on the car?

SI-FLAKO
06-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Damn alot i thing is 160 thousand.

HondaFreak
06-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Check your oil for coolant. You are running coolant, right. Not water. My guess is blown head gasket if your not finding any leaks, but your loosing coolant. Otherwise burp the system. If your reservoir tank is hella full, that could be air or the compression from the motor (blown head gasket) pushing the coolant out. Let us know what you find.
It's happened to me too with my car, but my system was just too full. I guess you can also check that it's not too full and overflowing. But then you would find coolant on the engine bay.
Christian

talonXracer
06-12-2010, 06:03 AM
There could be an issue with the water pump, heater core etc. Get a coolat pressure tester and listen for any air leaks.

Deadphishy
06-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Did you recently fill it up with coolant? If so, you might have spilled some, that stuff will smell for a long time. The smell might only build up enough to be noticable when your sitting at a light and there is no air movment.

Try washing the bay out.

SI-FLAKO
06-12-2010, 07:08 PM
thanks ill try washing it out. i took it to a mechanic to get presure test it but everything is good.