PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes!.... Im venting!!!!!!.... I think im done with her....

SUSHI_NE1
06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Hey everyone.... Well I think Ive had enought of my EP's BS than anyone can handle, to the point where it is controling my life. Since the begining it's been one thing after another. I love her so much, but I cant put more money into her and wait for something else to happen.

Im so done with her that if a mechanic told me it would only cost me $300 to fix her.... or even $100.... I WOULDN'T CARE!... IM DONE!.... I have stopped myself in the past, but this time if I try to stop myself I will totally take a bat to my little EP.

PART OUT SOON TO COME.... I LOVE YOU EPHATCH!... BUT I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!! :mcry:

Yo_KyleEP3
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
what happned this time?!

mugen03
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
ive been to that point before oh and umm dibs if you have red h's

Heitzke
06-03-2010, 09:24 AM
It's not much of a vent without the necessary information

SUSHI_NE1
06-03-2010, 09:51 AM
It's not much of a vent without the necessary information

OH I DON'T EVEN WANNA GET STARTED... FOR SHORT:
ENGINE PROBLEMS(i.e. ENGINE WONT START WHEN HOT OUTSIDE, NOW CAR IS MISSFIREING), NEEDS CLUTCH JOB, NEEDS A/C TO BE FIXED, WHEEL BEARING IS BAD, FOG LIGHTS STOPPED WORKING, LOSS OF POWER EVERYWHERE.... AND MORE.... :mrolleyes:

Sucka
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Brad don't give up. I'm pretty sure you have a some friends around your area that is willing to help out.

Jiyakku2
06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Sorry to hear that dood. I've been there before on many occasions and not just with the EP3. I have bought cars in the past thinking I am done with modding cars, (Point in case RSX Base Automatic) but the tuner bug kept coming back. I think the only solution would be to have two cars, a beater daily and a weekend race car. Just hang in there man, you'll pull through one way or another.

superchargedk20
06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that dood. I've been there before on many occasions and not just with the EP3. I have bought cars in the past thinking I am done with modding cars, (Point in case RSX Base Automatic) but the tuner bug kept coming back. I think the only solution would be to have two cars, a beater daily and a weekend race car. Just hang in there man, you'll pull through one way or another.

hahah yea. My ep is still always broken even with my other daily driver. Ive been about 4 days strong with no issues so far! Fingers crossed

Passenger
06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
least Im not the only one who has walked thru the fire with this car. Good luck and dibs on whatever I want with free shipping!

Ep3 ked
06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
same here man im sick of my ep just droped mad cash and all my spare time on fixin my head gasket.. everyday its somthing els with this car.. one of my cv boots has a very small cut in it so now after I get this job done I goin to have to deal with that .. this car has way to manny problems I cant keep up...

talonXracer
06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
What are you guys doing to your poor car's?

Obviously you are not modding your cars quickly enough to stay ahead of the maintenance curve...LOL

It can get frustrating for sure. especially when all these wear issues start popping up all at one time. When I hit about 140K miles I had the brakes, shocks, wheel bearings both front and rear(though only one at a time) and the fuel pump let go, this is when it truely went DOWNHILL when the mod bug hit!

AUTiger
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
seriously, i blame everything bad with my car on the "heart" (the engine) . I have it in my head that all will be well again when I swap that bitch out, haha.

sleepyEP3
06-03-2010, 03:36 PM
ENGINE PROBLEMS(i.e. ENGINE WONT START WHEN HOT OUTSIDE, NOW CAR IS MISSFIREING), NEEDS CLUTCH JOB, NEEDS A/C TO BE FIXED, WHEEL BEARING IS BAD, FOG LIGHTS STOPPED WORKING, LOSS OF POWER EVERYWHERE.... AND MORE.... :mrolleyes:

Timing issue?

Passenger
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
What are you guys doing to your poor car's?

Obviously you are not modding your cars quickly enough to stay ahead of the maintenance curve...LOL

That may be so. For awhile I couldn't stay ahead of it at all. When I bought it I had real bad tranny problems at first, which followed up with the loud whistle in forth gear whenever I touch the throttle, then outta nowhere my spark plug blew out of my engine and busted a coil pack thing. Idk it was gay. Hasn't bothered me a whole lot in the past year tho.

MajorJones
06-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Hang in there man for your fellow ephatchers. Our Eps throw problems at us all the time. Just tried and work with her. i totally understand if you have two have to break up tho. Sucks putting money in her just for her to run...feel your pain.

SUSHI_NE1
06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow... I hate to say I'm glad I'm not the only one, but DAM!.... I'm glad I'm not the only one... lol
I just totally hate thinking I'm a have payments again on another car.

Sucka
06-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Brad come out to a meet! Haven't seen you in a long as time.

mAtAs2U
06-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Bradley man up and fix your Ep Puto ! hahahahahaha naw seriously man don't get rid of it....you put too much work in it already why quit the Ep game

StraightEP3
06-07-2010, 05:43 AM
No payments = lots of repair & mod cash Stick w/ it man !

Project Yellow
06-07-2010, 05:46 AM
I highly doubt I will ever buy a car again that is modded, or do any extreme modifications to it. I know how you feel... I wanted to just give mine away NUMEROUS times, but now its been running fine (few issues here and there with a ground in my starter that I can't find) but its been almost a year for me... just takes patience. BUT to be honest, if I had another engine blow right now... I'd have a part out thread up tomorrow too. So I feel you hahaha.

Onasty
06-07-2010, 09:06 AM

damn that sucks to hear but if u part out ill be interested lol

EP_EJAY
06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
dont do it brah!

Squidward
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
You're scaring me man! Is mine likely to take a giant crap like that? It's not super modded; cold air intake, lowering struts and springs, and a fatty tailpipe. Nothing too extreme. I think the motor is actually bone stock, but I'm too stupid to know how to tell for sure. Shit. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Somebody post a 200K miles and zero problems story, quick!

brian1414
06-08-2010, 11:01 PM
your car is way to nice to stop!!

02_epdriver
06-08-2010, 11:28 PM
It's a machine things are going to break on it. It's just staying ahead of the game and thinkin what should I replace, how many miles are on this and when it may go. I have a 160k on my ep and have never had any issues because I will change something when I have a thought in mind "Just Do It". "Knock on Wood"

Man keep the Ep have have some people help you out and take it step by step, but a band aid on something if it's something to do with cash flow. The things I want to change it my tensioner and clutch they are still the original ones. Those are my worries at the moment. Hang in their and you'll get through it. My GF never get why I'm always doin shit with my car. We just bought an 07 Accord with 25k and I'm changing anything and everything right now. "Why does that need to be done she says"

shortstop
06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Man...I replaced 2 ELD's, multiplexer, window regulator, and probably other electrical shit ( I owned the car from 8,000-50,000 miles) Car pissed me off so it was an easy trade in. But in your case, can you sell me the shell? :D Good luck man, dump it off while you can

EP3driver
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Makes me feel good about my 88K miles EP. I only change oil pretty much but I did replace the stock suspension with the HFP kit I bought last year. Knock on wood nothing happens...