PDA

View Full Version : got about 3K to spend... supercharge the ep or motorcycle??

maramaralula
06-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi guys! just need some of your personal opinions...

Just that point in my life where in need drastic changes... to move on.

I have en EP3 with K24A2... been thinking to supercharge it but am hesitant because of traction and torque steer issues...

since it cost the same to get a used motorcycle, which one you think i should go for? I've been wanting to ride a motorcycle for a while too.

I can kinda predict how the EP will like after i supercharge it, but riding a motorcycle, its a completely different world.

Which one would you guys go with? supercharge the K24A2 EP, or motorcycle?

scorpionsf
06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
i would get both.

i just picked up a 1991 suzuki bandit for $300. real slick bike without a whole lot of power compared to todays bikes, but still enough to be scary.
my other friends have all found old mid 70's honda cb series bikes for around $150. they are really easy to wrench on and a lot of fun with a little work.

oneglory
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
dump it in some ETF's. something with a nice dividend.

sidious141
06-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Give motorcycling a try. For $3k, pick up a low mileage Suzuki SV650.

sleepy ep3
06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Give motorcycling a try. For $3k, pick up a low mileage Suzuki SV650.

Craigslist! All day! Look on there they have some great stuff on there for cheap.

HondaFreak
06-08-2010, 04:05 PM
When you say get a bike, I say don't. It costs a hell of a lot more than 3k to get a bike and do it right.
Helmet
leathers
good boots
gloves
insurance
riding class's (MSF) unless your a pro

Are you gonna service the bike? A normal PM runs $200+. Tires? Tires run for my F4i $180 for the front $230ish for the rear.
If your planning on servicing it yourself you'll need a rear stand. $150 for a decent one.

Riding a MC is a huge resonsibility. No 3000lbs of cage around you. If you eat it, and your not wearing leathers, gloves, good boots; it's a trip to the ER. How much is that gonna run you? I know my answer SUCKS. But that's the reality of it. People in cars don't see MC's. And yes I'm a gear Nazi, it's easier to wipe off sweat than blood. If you choose to get a MC, at least do it right so your mother doesn't have to lay you to rest before she goes herself.

Christian

EP_EJAY
06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
not another one of these threads.... give me the 3,000 ill know exactly what to do with it :thumbu:

ginger
06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
dude go get a 91 hatch $800 and build a track car for less than $3,000 if u do the work yourself

Jo7man4
06-08-2010, 07:01 PM
EF hatch FTMFW

_shift
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM
When you say get a bike, I say don't. It costs a hell of a lot more than 3k to get a bike and do it right.
Helmet
leathers
good boots
gloves
insurance

Are you gonna service the bike? A normal PM runs $200+. Tires? Tires run for my F4i $180 for the front $230ish for the rear.
If your planning on servicing it yourself you'll need a rear stand. $150 for a decent one.

Riding a MC is a huge resonsibility. No 3000lbs of cage around you. If you eat it, and your not wearing leathers, gloves, good boots; it's a trip to the ER. How much is that gonna run you? I know my answer SUCKS. But that's the reality of it. People in cars don't see MC's. And yes I'm a gear Nazi, it's easier to wipe off sweat than blood. If you choose to get a MC, at least do it right so your mother doesn't have to lay you to rest before she goes herself.

Christian

x2!

I LOVE my bike, but it does cost more then you think to do it right. Good gear is number one. I don't care the tempature, I always ride with at least jeans, my jacket, gloves, and helmet (I live close to SC where, for me, a helmet isn't required, but I always wear it anyway). It's just dumb if you don't gear up. Like he said, there is no metal cage around you on a bike (except those that could crash into you).

It sounds like you already have a nice spirited EP with a K24 that makes a great DD. So if you're looking for another "fix", I'd say a weekend car is the way to go over a bike.

That's just me though :)

EpThreeD
06-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Turbo!!! Not sc... Or save it!

EDU
06-09-2010, 04:50 PM
EF hatch FTMFW

i have 1 for sale!

shortstop
06-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I had the a3 still but I supecharged it and sold the supercharger a week later. It's no where as good as turbo or a bike. You have 3000 to spend now? I found some used 04ish r6's locally for 2800, im sure you can find a deal if you wait. Do the bike!

old crusty
06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
id recommend NOT buying a motorcycle and just buying the supercharger

maramaralula
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
thanks for the advise guys, i got this:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/iwitarsa/scooter/PIAGGIO-MP3-PICTURES1_s.jpg

I'm practicing everyday now.

EP3driver
06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
You can spend another $3K on the EP but still will have a ~$8k car after spending a good clip on the K24...return on investment? Keep the money, save some more, and there is the $ for your next car!

ImportCustomx
06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
thats not a motorcycle and nor will it give you any feelingof riding a real 400lb bike with a lot more power. dont ride that and then think you can just jump on a 1000 or 600rr. be careful

CHASEEE
06-18-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm scared to death of motorcycles. I say supercharge the EP!

lil_Eggy
06-18-2010, 09:32 AM

I agree. I've known several people to have serious injuries from riding. It's not your skill that will keep you safe, but rather the blind luck that those idiot drivers don't hit you.

bnovelli
06-18-2010, 09:38 AM
bike!

02_epdriver
06-19-2010, 12:55 AM
thats a scooter

SkareKrow
06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Helmet
leathers
good boots
gloves
insurance

Christian
I would recommend not a bike, They are Suicide Machines. Personal Experience with Buddies of mine I won't ever get on a bike again. Its hard when a light turns Green & your buddy goes and your fixing your gloves and the next thing you know a car runs the light at a really good speed from the crossing traffic. How do you explain that. I would rather be safer in a car that at least you have a more chance to survive.

thats not a motorcycle and nor will it give you any feelingof riding a real 400lb bike with a lot more power. dont ride that and then think you can just jump on a 1000 or 600rr. be careful
This is true, if you do get a boke or as you did get a bike/scooter, you wont be able to jump on a nice bike. Specially they are very very expensive with all the rest of the things you must get for it. MIght as well buy yourself two beater cars or save up & get a really good dream car or something. But as for recommendations just fix up the ep.

As I said :) Suicide Machines. :(

HondaFreak
06-19-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm practicing everyday now.

Shaking finger from a top box:

Better get your butt to MSF kid. Better get some good gear. Jeans and tennis shoes don't count.
I've got 36+ hours of MSF, 39k+ of riding and it still amazes me how much I have to learn. Better learn those brakes!
Christian

somejaykid
06-20-2010, 11:59 AM
op i would go for the supercharger a car is alot safer than a bike

Johnny
06-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd get the supercharger. I've had two cousins that have died from being on their motorcycle. Always sucks receiving the phone call. Another relative of mine died from someone opening a door on him during traffic. Not saying bikes are evil, I'm just saying to BE CAREFUL.

Edit: You bought a scooter! lol Gas mileage on that thing must be great!