View Full Version : k20/k24

shortstop
06-03-2010, 05:13 PM
have:

k20a2 head
k24a4 block
tsx piston/rods
tsx piston rings
k20a2 oil pump,chain,guides,baffle (have to slightly modify the block to allow pump,also plug hole)
rsx 310cc injectors

need:

k24 headgasket? crv head gasket or accord?
crv side mount
arp head studs Which ones? 208-4701 ?
kpro

Found this link http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/k24swap.html
Is all this stuff necessary as well?

Am I missing anything here, basically slap all this together, drops right in, hoses all line up, manifolds bolt up (header may slightly modified) Anything else?

Just getting an idea, I have done my research and the k24a4 oil pan can be used with the a2 pump from what I read. Right now I'm building it for fun, not sure if/when I'll use it. Goal is to be as oem as possible and have a little torque to scoot around town.

sleepyEP3
06-03-2010, 05:33 PM
You will probably want to run the pump that came with it as the K24 motor oil pump uses balance shafts. But if you already have the A2 it can be done.

shortstop
06-03-2010, 05:35 PM
You will probably want to run the pump that came with it as the K24 motor oil pump uses balance shafts. But if you already have the A2 it can be done.

werd, i read a lot of people are doing the type s pump because it's better and it has a slightly rougher idle with the balance shafts removed.

nightrider2002
06-04-2010, 03:35 AM
The type s pump is really only needed if you are revving past 8k. It will also bring more harshness and added vibrations. The A4 pump is the same as the A3 it has better oil pressure at idle.

bchaney
06-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Looks good. My build is similar.

You want the accord head gasket. And I think the headstuds are all the same for k20 or k24.

I'm using the a2 oil pump as well since I wanted to get a new pump I figured I might as well get the benefit of more revs and a little HP.

As far as that CRSX list, I got a new timing chain and timing chain tensioner (the TSX one) to be safe. I also got some RDX injectors to be sure I'm getting enough fuel.

shortstop
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM

You want the accord head gasket. And I think the headstuds are all the same for k20 or k24.

I'm using the a2 oil pump as well since I wanted to get a new pump I figured I might as well get the benefit of more revs and a little HP.

As far as that CRSX list, I got a new timing chain and timing chain tensioner (the TSX one) to be safe. I also got some RDX injectors to be sure I'm getting enough fuel.

how is your idle and scootin around town going? I still have your old fujita cold air lol.

As far as the other 2 posts with the k24a4 oil pump, i went back to reread it some more and saw that its mostly the hardcore all motor guys wanting to rev past 8k. I am not hardcore :( Think I will stick with the stock pump and have the a2 as a back up just in case.

bchaney
06-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm still building mine. Just got the block inspected and honed.

I'll let you know how she drives. Hopefully I won't need an LSD to DD it but some tranny work may be in the near future anyway.

jjoker13g
06-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Wut the r the dyno numbers for this build? im really considering this build or a full swap.

bchaney
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Chameleon on k20a.org has a DIY for this build and he made 240whp.

Edit:

Here you go: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13887

"234/185wtq (dynojet) 247/199 dynapack"

dkid15
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Yeah i have the same exact build as him plus 07 tsx cams/RBC. 310cc injectors will suffice. Modifying the pump isnt hard at all. Plugging the block is easy i used a threaded plug with an allen key drive on it. Just load it with honda bond and drive it in there. Sounds crazy but it works fine. Also i run a k20a2 tensioner. Youll need a new clutch and should get atleast a straight through 2.5 inch piping cheapest from vrsexhaust.