PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with non-coated Race Headers

Twisted-X
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm using a race header that I had re-coated because the original coating was missing in places. Well the supposedly ceramic coating isn't sticking very well. The place I took it to sand blasted and applied the ceramic coating following the manufacturers instructions, but never bothered to heat the header before applying.
It will be replaced with a KR header in a few months.

Anyway, my question is: What do you guys (gals) use to protect the wiring/vacuum lines/etc. in your engine bay when you use an uncoated RH?

I was thinking about using some automotive reflective insulated tape (http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/DEI-010413.html), but what are other options?

TIA

RHCP0801
06-04-2010, 09:08 AM
nothing, and i have had 0 problems for over a year

HondaFreak
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
+1 nothing there's nothing there besides the primary o2. What would melt? If your that worried, buy some header wrap. I used the burlap looking stuff. It usually comes with metal strap ties.
Not much benifit IMO.

Christian

Twisted-X
06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I did think about the header wrap, but I've got a mild steel header and from everything I've read those two are a bad rust combo due to the header wrap retaining moisture. I guess I'm just concerned (maybe needlessly) about the power steering rack, the plastic wire loom (that runs along the top of the firewall), and the intake getting heat soaked.

I guess I won't worry 'bout it, just was wondering what everybody else was using.
Thanks for the input.