PDA

View Full Version : Video's of My Engine Problem... Check it Out.... WHAT COULD IT BE?

SUSHI_NE1
06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
So this is the problem that Im having.... the car when started wont stop reving and the exhaust sems to make a THUD noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-y4awta2cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kcNqA5C8AE

japarossa
06-04-2010, 11:51 AM
That sounds and looks like its the IACV here is the link to a good cleaning procedure. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43337-Cleaning-the-IAC&highlight=iacv

RHCP0801
06-04-2010, 12:03 PM
have you got the code read?

SUSHI_NE1
06-04-2010, 12:12 PM
have you got the code read?

yup!... P1519

And before you or anyone else asks... I have already changed the primary O2 Sensor last month :mwink:

RHCP0801
06-04-2010, 12:22 PM
p1519 is a malfunction of the iac valve, clean it or replace it

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9429/31691856.png (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/31691856.png/)

SUSHI_NE1
06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME.... Isn't it when the IAC Valve goes bad it just makes iddle not stay up or something like that.... My car is Reving up and down @ 2k and wont stop.... The engine sounds like its stuck there. Is it stuck in the open position?

PLUS!... If you hear the 2nd video sound of the exhaust... it sounds like something is really wrong... "THUD.... THUD .... THUD... THUD..."

I have a feeling its more than that. But I will check that out.

RHCP0801
06-04-2010, 12:41 PM
thats what the code is for, it seems to be the problem your decribing

SUSHI_NE1
06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
thats what the code is for, it seems to be the problem your decribing

But what I am wondering is why I got this code for when my Primary O2 went bad, then I changed it and it went away. Now I got this problem..... ? :mconfused:

_shift
06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Are you sure it was the same code? Because a P1519 is for an IACV malfunction. If you had issues with your primary o2, I believe it should have been between P0131-P0135. More then likely, a P0134 (no activity detected)

japarossa
06-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I had my car sitting all winter while I put my turbo kit on and after I was done I started it and my idle jumped from 1700 up to 2000. It was suggested on here that it was my IACV, I took it apart cleaned it and put it back together and the car idled perfectly. Just a suggestion but this does sound and look the same. When the IACV gets stuck open the idle will be erratic almost like its a vacuum leak.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME.... Isn't it when the IAC Valve goes bad it just makes iddle not stay up or something like that.... My car is Reving up and down @ 2k and wont stop.... The engine sounds like its stuck there. Is it stuck in the open position?

PLUS!... If you hear the 2nd video sound of the exhaust... it sounds like something is really wrong... "THUD.... THUD .... THUD... THUD..."

I have a feeling its more than that. But I will check that out.

RHCP0801
06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
that is not the code for a bad oxygen sensor

oneglory
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
a bad or dirty IACV will cause all sorts of wierd idleing problems. For me I couldn't turn on my A/C without the car going into limp mode while driving.

replace the IACV.

SUSHI_NE1
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Looks like I will be cleaning or replacing my IACV This weekend... will let you all know how it goes.. I really hope this is the issue :-)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sucka
06-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Brad if you need help let me know. I clean my IACV Before. Give me a call if anything same number.

sleepy ep3
06-04-2010, 11:24 PM
a bad or dirty IACV will cause all sorts of wierd idleing problems. For me I couldn't turn on my A/C without the car going into limp mode while driving.

replace the IACV.

Or try blasting it out with throttle body cleaner. Couldn't hurt B4 you spend the money. Did this to mine. Works great.

trippy
06-05-2010, 12:11 AM
So this is the problem that Im having.... the car when started wont stop reving and the exhaust sems to make a THUD noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-y4awta2cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kcNqA5C8AE

SAME PROBLEM !!! cleaned the shit sucka said =D it works ! =D

SUSHI_NE1
06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Or try blasting it out with throttle body cleaner. Couldn't hurt B4 you spend the money. Did this to mine. Works great.

Should I just shoot throttle body cleaner straight into the TB... or does it have to be off the car? i did the IACV Diy this weekend and cleaned the TB off q bit... it worked great for two days and last night I got the same BS p1519 code. I said "F THIS!" and drove my EP anyways and when I got to the grocery store I turned the car off and when I cam back FIXED!... and now in the morning the SAME BS!!!... lol

I'm a go ahead and use TB cleaner to clean the TB out, but should I spray while it is still on the car?

SUSHI_NE1
06-09-2010, 11:14 AM
SO... LOOKED UP INFO ON THIS BECAUSE I WAS THINKING THAT IT MAYBE THIS PROBLEM IM HAVING. I HAVE ANOTHER THREAD UP ABOUT MY ENGINE PROBLEM AND MY P1519 CODE... HERE'S WHAT THE INFO I FOUND SAYS:

Symptoms of a Defective Throttle Position Sensor

Following is a list of symptoms, either of or a combination of which, a car driver may experience because of a defective throttle position sensor:

-Bucking and jerking of the car
-Idle surging
-Sudden stalling of the car engine
-Hesitation while the driver of the car is trying to accelerate
-Sudden surge in car's speed while driving on the highway

MY EP SEEMS TO DO ALMOST ALL OF THIS... I DID A VERY NICE CLEAN UP OF MY IACV BUT... NO GOOD. IM SORT OF AT MY WHITS END ON THIS... DONT WANNA SPEND MY MONEY ON FIXING SOMETHING THAT MY ENGINE MAY NOT NEED..

APEARANTLY ON K20A.ORG SOMONE SAID THAT VIBRATION MAY BE AN ISSUE FOR "TPS FAILURE":

"If you think your TPS is failing from vibrations, then it might be wise to try to add some dampening to the sensor's mounting points before trying to use an entirely different sensor. I would go ahead and purchase a sheet of rubber around 2mm thick with a hardness of 30 (Shore A scale) or softer. Cut out a piece the same shape as the OEM tps gasket and put it between the TPS and throttle body. It would be even better if you could also stick some o-rings on the bolts before installing them, but I'm not sure this would hold the TPS firmly enough to prevent it from vibrating out of calibration."

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK??? TPS SENSOR??? ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

HERE'S MY OTHER THREAD WHERE PEOPLE SYA IT MAY BE MY IACV:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?56264-Video-s-of-My-Engine-Problem...-Check-it-Out....-WHAT-COULD-IT-BE/page2

talonXracer
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
There is no real issue with the stock TPS sensors and vibration, the issue is with the few aftermarket sensors, they have significantly thinner leads internally.

I dont have a manual handy at the moment, but just follow the troubleshooting steps for the code you have.

And no need to open an entirely new thread, I merged them together.

SUSHI_NE1
06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
there is no real issue with the stock tps sensors and vibration, the issue is with the few aftermarket sensors, they have significantly thinner leads internally.

I dont have a manual handy at the moment, but just follow the troubleshooting steps for the code you have.

And no need to open an entirely new thread, i merged them together.

appologies on the new thread. As for the vibration on aftermarket sensors, i totally understand that, but if my stock sensor went bad and now may need a new one, could this be the issue of a bad tps sensor on my end?

SUSHI_NE1
06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
So... Update!

I went ahead and order a new TPS Sensor since that's what it is most likely... I HOPE... lol

I'm driving my car right now on the way to work. Same as yestarday... Code P1519 and cars idle is wierd and car drives like crap. FUNNY THOUGH!... Yestarday I got off the freeway and i turned the engine off and back on again... FIXED!... Did same today and FIXED, on the same spot. lol

Just waiting now for my new sensor.

SUSHI_NE1
06-12-2010, 09:16 PM
[IMG]http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k147/sicivicguy/bc7c8ec1.jpg[IMG]

Unfortunately my Dremel ran out of battery because I forgot to charge it.... go figure lol. So I was only able to get one screw off... gonna finish her up tomorrow morning. CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME EPHATCHERS!!!! :mcool:

SUSHI_NE1
06-13-2010, 08:05 AM
So... VERY HAPPY UPDATE!...

I baught me an Omni Power TPS Sensor. Finished changing it out this morning. OMG!... Totally fixed my problem. I guss code P1519 is also a TPS prblem. I took my stock TPS apart to see if the ceramic board was cracked inside... NOPE!... Was a smal burn mark on it though.

Just drove my car and it drives like a brandnew car. Doesn't even feel like I'm driving my car. Thanks everone for all your help. EPHATCH FOR THE WIN!

Sucka
06-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I knew it! So will we see you more at car meet brad with the buddyclub?

SUSHI_NE1
06-15-2010, 07:57 AM
I knew it! So will we see you more at car meet brad with the buddyclub?

Maybe not... I guess I counted my chickens before they were hatched. The car has been driving great, but yestarday I had an issue. My car stayed at idle @ 1 1/4 and would not go down. Today when I started my car it started doing the same BS as before. I'm a try praying my TB with TB cleaner to see what happens, but I don't know.

I have read that if you have a bad timing chain tensioner that is can cause timing issues???? I'm a check out my chain to see if it's loose. Anyone have any other sugetions for a P1519 code?

SUSHI_NE1
06-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I've tried everything:
- Cleaning IACV
- Cleaning TB
- Baught a new TPS
- Cleaned connections with QD Cleaner (For all plugs and sensors)

STILL NO GO!... SO... I Just caughed out $265 to Honda for a new one w/ gasket. ClubRSX sells them for $221, but I didn't wanna wait too long. Gonna go to Autozone and grab a new TB gasket and call it a day.

Drew1d
06-21-2010, 05:02 AM
Do you have a multimeter? Could you try testing the continuity between the different pins on the 3p connector? (IACV) Try the first pin and ground, then second pin, then ground. If you don't have voltage, then there is an open circuit somewhere. But since it's intermittent, maybe the connector is dirty, perhaps spray contact cleaner on it. If not, checking the third pin requires disconnecting the ECU plug and testing it all the way through it.

Good luck.

SUSHI_NE1
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info... I will try this if my new iacv doesn't work ;-)

just picked it up 20 minutes ago!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goldEp
07-17-2010, 02:36 AM
i say iacv.. how much are new ones..?

Ep3 ked
08-23-2010, 03:17 PM
hey did u ever figure out what it was?.. My ep is doing the same shit...