PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my worn stock struts and nuespeed race springs.

MarkL
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Just got a 03 si hatch .The car has 120,000 miles and was told the springs were installed at 40,000 miles. The struts are gone it bottoms out if I hit a big dip in the road. Does this mean I need new spings as well? I was hoping to buy a nice set of struts and keep the 2" springs just not sure how long springs last.Any help on what to do or buy.

black05ep
06-05-2010, 12:06 PM
your springs are fine. just swap the shocks out. showstoppersusa.com and corsportusa.com have good prices on shocks you dont need to replace the springs.

Ronnie
06-05-2010, 01:24 PM
your springs are fine. just swap the shocks out. showstoppersusa.com and corsportusa.com have good prices on shocks you dont need to replace the springs.

Agree ^^^^^^
nevertheless to say that with the info u provide; ur springs are fine
Or u can repalace all of them and throw a set of oem DC5 type-r + DC5 tie road ends + a bit of modification on the rear bushingz

BTW: WELCOME TO EPHATCH.COM

MarkL
06-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Cool. I wasnt sure if they have struts or shocks. I picked the car up for 4k with Greddy evo2 exhaust ,Aem intake,Helix throttle body spacer and was told shocks were worn. I drove it 6 hours home and runs like a top. whats a good shock to try?I use to have a 92 civic hatch and had Apc coilover's witch sucked but had koni gas adjustable struts. Looking for something smooth but good handeling .Its an everyday driver 80 mile round trip on Atlanta roads witch suck.I do plan to do a few autocross races.

Ronnie
06-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Cool. I wasnt sure if they have struts or shocks. I picked the car up for 4k with Greddy evo2 exhaust ,Aem intake,Helix throttle body spacer and was told shocks were worn. I drove it 6 hours home and runs like a top. whats a good shock to try?I use to have a 92 civic hatch and had Apc coilover's witch sucked but had koni gas adjustable struts. Looking for something smooth but good handeling .Its an everyday driver 80 mile round trip on Atlanta roads witch suck.I do plan to do a few autocross races.

looking to go coils?
or u just wanna lower the car ?

MarkL
06-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Looking to keep the Nuespeed springs I have.Just going to try replacong shocks.

black05ep
06-07-2010, 01:27 PM
top of the line shocks by them selves are probly KONI's and BILSTEINS but ur gna pay some money for them. i believe most ppl on here that are running a spring/shock combo instead of coilovers are probably using TOKICO Blues or TOKICO D-specs. the dspecs are adjustable dampening, the blues are not. i just bought a a set of skunk2 coilovers from the group buy section.pro-s rear full coilover with front sleeves and im going to probably run dspecs in front or konis. something thats adjustable.