PDA

View Full Version : Full NOS system for 169 bucks?

william
12-05-2002, 11:46 PM
check out this site, i just stumbled on it. www.nitrousmini.com Looks like it would be fun trying this thing out on old beater car, then maybe who knows, put this kit with an intake and an exhaust and you might drop your Quarter mile time a bit. What do you guys think.

Suk02Si
12-06-2002, 02:33 AM
I think it works just like a normal nitrous kit but instead of a big bulky bottle it uses a couple of those small cartridges that some kids use to get high off of.

ssvr6
12-06-2002, 07:12 AM
That seems to be a waste IMO. It's $20 for 5 more cartridges. You can fill a 10lb bottle for $30.

After a few cartridge orders, you'll be paying more than the regular kit.

Steve

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
12-06-2002, 08:35 AM
These people are praying on ignorant kids.

"- Huge 100 lb. bottles"
- since when does a 10lb tank weigh 100lbs?!

"- Hundreds to refill bottle when empty"
-uh, try $28-30.

"- Reassemble entire nitrous oxide system when taking out bottle to get it refilled"
- if assembling an entire nitrous system were as easy as removing the tank from a bracket and unscrewing the NOS line, LIFE WOULD BE WONDERFUL!

"- Needs to be professionally installed"
- yea if you're a moron.-

"Costs anywhere between $700-$4000"
- try $400

And with a "crappy conventional kit" you dont pay $100 per lb. of Nitrous.

TrippZ
12-06-2002, 10:36 AM
ahhhahahahahhaahhaha

On top of everything Adam said...

Nitrous isnt dangerous if you have the right stuff (such as having a proper airflow system, including headers, intake, and exhaust) and if you put the CORRECT shot for your kind of system. I wish miamijdm was here, he'd be able to explain more.

Nitrous systems sell for $699 at O'Reilly Auto Parts, so im guessing why they say that. About 4 doors down from O'Reilly is a performance shop, and they do it for $300, bought and installed with a free tank.

If it's non flammable... what the heck is the use? I dont know much about nitrous systems, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt Nitrous supposed to ignite for that extra horsepower?

I think this is just a rip off... personal opinion. also, i cant think straight right now, so i probably sound liek a moron...

ballsdeep
12-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
I think it works just like a normal nitrous kit but instead of a big bulky bottle it uses a couple of those small cartridges that some kids use to get high off of.

I still get high of that shit from time to time.

ssvr6
12-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ

Nitrous isnt dangerous if you have the right stuff (such as having a proper airflow system, including headers, intake, and exhaust) and if you put the CORRECT shot for your kind of system. I wish miamijdm was here, he'd be able to explain more.

Wrong, you can run on it completely stock car. Mods don't matter.

Nitrous systems sell for $699 at O'Reilly Auto Parts, so im guessing why they say that. About 4 doors down from O'Reilly is a performance shop, and they do it for $300, bought and installed with a free tank.

These must be used systems since NOS has a kit for $500 and NX has theirs (wet) for $600

If it's non flammable... what the heck is the use? I dont know much about nitrous systems, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt Nitrous supposed to ignite for that extra horsepower?

Nitrous is an accelerant. I speeds up the burning of of fuel creating more power. That and it's super cold properties when sprayed make for some mean hp.

BTW-- Don't huff race nitrous, the sulphur in it will make you really ill.

Steve

TrippZ
12-06-2002, 03:45 PM
thank you for correcting me without INSULTING me because I wasnt well informed.

pocketrocket
12-06-2002, 04:00 PM
You can buy a NX wet kit on ebay for 425, plus an arm in shipping, but you can easily have a kit on your doorstep for 5 bills. Also, how big of a shot is this? It has to be tiny, considering the rule of thumb that I've heard is 1 lb of nitrous for every 100hp for every 10 seconds.
oh well.
BTW. I like the sulphur smell.. kind of reminds me of Detroit.

-PR

Whooopasss
12-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Yahhhh what dumb asses.. the video shows this jerkoff reving it.. and the car isnt moving at all (speedo) I can do that.. rev from 2 grand to red line faster on my car (stoped)

TrippZ
12-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Whooopasss
Yahhhh what dumb asses.. the video shows this jerkoff reving it.. and the car isnt moving at all (speedo) I can do that.. rev from 2 grand to red line faster on my car (stoped)

roflmao yeah i saw that. what a douche.

Nosjunke
12-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Nitrous is great. I use it on just about every car/truck I've had in the past few years. I even put my old Zex kit on my wife V8 explorer with a 75 hp jet and went to the track. I plumbed it into the air intake manifold. After I took it back out I had a hole, but luckily MAC made a chrome air intake kit for it. It ran completely stock and with the nitrous off it was a slow 16.9 @86 mph. With the gas it ran a 16.4 @92 mph. That was cool. Good thing is was a universal kit. I don't like the idea of having to use a wet kit because it makes installation that much more difficult. Not that it's difficult, but it'll take another 30-45 to run the other lines and make them look pretty. The most I even sprayed was on my old 89 Mustang (150 Compucar kit). The car had a bunch of mods already done. I was afraid to put the pedal to the floor because I was expecting a big bang. Finally, I got at the top of an on-ramp and head for the highway. I sprayed it in 3rd gear to about 75mph, then 4th until about 100, and again in 5th to about 130. At that point the adrenaline in my body was freaking me out, so I had to get off it. I was shaking for a couple minutes after that. It was so violent when I hit it in 3rd gear, I was going about 40, and the rear end kicked out from under me, like I was on ice. After that I was hooked.
Using it on a day to day basis I wouldn't reccommend more that 10hp per cylinder in your car, and ALWAYS watch what RPM you spray it in. If it's too low of an RPM the volumetric efficiency won't be their and it'll burp it our your intake or blow up your intake. It basically breaks down the fuel molecule into smaller ones making it more efficient and easier to spark. Not to mention by cooling the air charge, most cars will think it's really cold outside and send more fuel. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll buy nitrous for everyone! (first NC needs to get a lottery).

ssvr6
12-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Nosjunke

Using it on a day to day basis I wouldn't reccommend more that 10hp per cylinder in your car, and ALWAYS watch what RPM you spray it in. If it's too low of an RPM the volumetric efficiency won't be their and it'll burp it our your intake or blow up your intake. It basically breaks down the fuel molecule into smaller ones making it more efficient and easier to spark. Not to mention by cooling the air charge, most cars will think it's really cold outside and send more fuel.

I disagree with the "hp per cylinder". I was running an 80 shot on GTi VR6 for a year and half. I could have run a 125 direct port on it if I wanted to.

It's more about the size of the motor, the strength of the internals, etc..

The VR6 block can run 350+hp on stock internals. I doubt our cars can run that much. I'm guessing a 125 direct port would be about it.

Steve

Nosjunke
12-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Well, I agree with too! I had 75hp jets in my Integra as a daily driver, and my Mustang was 150hp. Did I feel safe, nope. I thought at any minute I was gonna blow up my motors, I guess the fear of explosion kept me safe. In the beginning I did go through 3 head gaskets and an intake(not the air intake but metal intake). I sprayed it at the track on launch and the car bogged. BOOM! I split the intake in two, but luckily I was rolling fast enough to make it to the end of the track and turn off. Then after that rebuild, I got the bottle warmer, the RPM window switch so I couldn't spray it at to early of an rpm, and the blow off valve(for fun), plus switched to a colder plug, and triple SCE headgaskets. I should have O-ringed the heads, but that was cheaper. Now my basic Nitrous kit, ran up to about $1000 worth of extra stuff. Not to mention the problems I had because I was dumb.

ssvr6
12-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Here's what was on my VR6

NOS kit 05123
NOS Purge
NOS Blowdown tube and fitting (Hatchback)
Autometer N2O Pressure
Autometer Air/Fuel Ratio
Bosch F6DTC (2 Degree colder plugs)

That's about it (at least directly dealing with the nitrous).

I ran a best of 13.69 at 103.9 with an almost completely stock VR6. Chip, removed resonator, front motor mount, p-flo and p-chip were my only mods. (No suspension, tires, etc.. all were still stock.)

Nitrous is great. No problems racing that car for the entire time I had it on.

Steve