PDA

View Full Version : CTR center caps

evgacomputers
06-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Hey JDM guys I need some help.

Do all real CTR wheels come with the "H" logo in red on the center caps?
Or did some come in black as well?

Also I hear that the Acura CSX Type-S wheels are exactly the same as CTR? is this true?

Thanks in advance.

(Im new here, so hi everyone)

evgacomputers
06-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Also, on a 04 SiR / Si Civic with the 5 lug hub I can fit stock JDM wheels with no issues right?

Thanks

LLH
06-06-2010, 02:06 AM
all ctr wheels came with the red H. Jdm Is championship white for all years. The EDM got two silver colors, thats almost idendical. Prefacelift are a bit lighter in color than the facelift. this comes from the fact that enkei made the pre facelift wheels, Honda used another manufacturer for the facelift wheels.

i had too google your CTR v.s Acura csx-s statemment. Looks like your right, but the CSX wheels looks gray, not silver like the CTR ones.

and yes you can fit them with no problems i think. wheels are 17x7 ET45 with a JJ bead profile, the CTR prefacelift wheels weights around 9.1kg each. the facelift around 9.2kg

thaseint
06-07-2010, 06:48 AM
all ctr wheels came with the red H. Jdm Is championship white for all years. The EDM got two silver colors, thats almost idendical. Prefacelift are a bit lighter in color than the facelift. this comes from the fact that enkei made the pre facelift wheels, Honda used another manufacturer for the facelift wheels.

i had too google your CTR v.s Acura csx-s statemment. Looks like your right, but the CSX wheels looks gray, not silver like the CTR ones.

This is true...something to note about the CSX wheels is that they are also made by Enkei and structurally the same as the pre facelift wheels with the same weight.

As far as finding matching center caps...well I didn't have a whole lot of luck finding gray caps with a red 'H'; but I found that the 09+ Civic Si caps are a decent match (not exact) but you'll end up with a black 'H'. I just bought some red 'H' decals from Decal Dude and they fit close enough to perfect.

Here's what I ended up with...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/thaseint/DSC02340.jpg

Something to think about if you have the funds...the new Civic Type R wheels that are gunmetal. They have the red 'H' and I'm almost certain that they would match spot on with the CSX wheels.

http://us-f4-edit.store.yahoo.com/I/yhst-1408381693991_1955_16041746

username011
06-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Why get type-r rims over BBS or Work?tyjust wondering..type-r wheels are just as expensive and rare as big name wheel companys and are sole orientated to developing racing rims,whereas..type-r rims are just factory honda rims,type r..but still factory rims and with a big price tag.

thaseint
06-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Why get type-r rims over BBS or Work?tyjust wondering..type-r wheels are just as expensive and rare as big name wheel companys and are sole orientated to developing racing rims,whereas..type-r rims are just factory honda rims,type r..but still factory rims and with a big price tag.

Depends on the source...I bought my CSX wheels for $400 shipped. Sure they were refinished and they aren't exactly CTR wheels but they looked practically brand new when I received them and had no problems balancing them. You'd be hard pressed to find new Rotas for that price.

It also depends on what the person is doing with their car and how they want it to look. IMO its hard to find wheels that look good on the EP...even the higher end stuff like Work, Volk, Mugen, etc. The EP makes a good case for OEM > *.

2005rollingegg
06-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Check ebay, I saw caps listed on there a month ago.

DA9_GSR
06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I have 2007 CSX Type S wheels and I used center caps from a 2009 Honda Accord coupe. It's a pretty close match. The caps are slightly darker, but not that far off.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/252/621/38127810052_medium.jpg

Passenger
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Also the HFP rims for regular civics our years are 4 lug versions of the EP3R rims. Ive been considering those.

cody_sir
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
love these rims