PDA

View Full Version : A 3Q track car I ran across.

MugenReplica
06-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Enjoy!!

http://www.geocities.jp/groove_rider_ep_bp/minami02.html

SHG_EasyE
06-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Cool car but man that engine bay is haggard.

MugenReplica
06-20-2010, 09:16 AM

Haha, it's like 100x cleaner than mine.... Does that make me a bad person?

username011
06-20-2010, 09:27 AM
I dont like any of those cars..at all.. but I guess its cool that they're jdm..

SHG_EasyE
06-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Haha, it's like 100x cleaner than mine.... Does that make me a bad person?

Haha not that its dirty, but theres just random wires strewn across and the gas canisters for the shocks are mounted all randomly. lol I guess Im just a stickler for things being proper.

MugenReplica
06-20-2010, 10:07 AM
I dont like any of those cars..at all.. but I guess its cool that they're jdm..

I know what you mean, they're not for everybody. I'm not a big fan of JDM because it's too status quo for some people. But recently I've been long term thinking of tracking the Ep3 (everybody says that, lol) and the only following I can find for it that is well documented for the average bum like me is in Japan. I really like how some of them take a very functional over form approach to tracking their Ep3s. I love some of the UK builds, but man are some of their builds get expensive (not that JDM isn't expensive)! I just want an Ep3 I can drive from my house to Watkins Glen twice a year for HPDE, have fun and drive back home.

lbk02si
06-20-2010, 11:30 AM

yea that thing looks like total shit!! wow, wonder why they did such a crap job on the engine bay?!

SHG_EasyE
06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I just want an Ep3 I can drive from my house to Watkins Glen twice a year for HPDE, have fun and drive back home.

Come do the SCDA track day at the Glen July 12th! :msmile:

MugenReplica
06-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Come do the SCDA track day at the Glen July 12th! :msmile:

Sweet, how much? I'm strapped for cash because of plans for the BBQ, but I may be able to squeeze it in.

Chinitodenj
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
awesome

LLH
09-20-2010, 08:56 AM
But man are some of their builds get expensive (not that JDM isn't expensive)! I just want an Ep3 I can drive from my house to Watkins Glen twice a year for HPDE, have fun and drive back home.

Ive done 100 laps on my local track(for fun)+ 15000miles on the road over the last year in the CTR, which is still pretty stock. Service at honda every 6000miles, brake pads, rotors and tires is the cost so far. But im allways drooling over parts and thinking about what to do next :P The Ep3 can take a beating, or any honda for that mattter.. Is fun when the folks that run the track tell storyies about how often they have to close the track on trackdays for other brands.. espesially when there is a overwheight of RWD on the track... Last time i was there with the honda club we dident close the track at all.. 9 hours, 50 cars and no accidents what so ever :) Well there was a mint condition turboed EF hatch that hit a stable of tires with the rear quarter panel, but the track dident close, if the owner hadent let his friend drive his car nothing would have happend..

Onasty
09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
I want to track just need to do some suspension work

cody_sir
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
that thing is bad ass