PDA

View Full Version : skunk2 turbo camshafts on N/A engine

rescueEP3
06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
would the skunk2 turbo camshafts work on getting good gains with a N/A engine with a proper tune and bolt ons or would it not help at all. im planning on supercharging my engine next year.

dkid15
06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
well they wont make as much as n/a cams. Honestly i would just do stage 1 cams. Its a bitch to change the valvetrain with the head on the car. might as well swap an a2 head

KevinEP3
06-09-2010, 03:37 PM
For the price of Skunk2 stg 1 cams you could buy my Brian Crower stg 3 cams, timing chain, and chain guide. See my post in the parts section.

JIYAKKU
06-09-2010, 04:26 PM
would the skunk2 turbo camshafts work on getting good gains with a N/A engine with a proper tune and bolt ons or would it not help at all. im planning on supercharging my engine next year.

Turbo Cams will most likely LOSE power NA since they have smaller profiles than stock. I would suggest Stage 1s as you can just drop them in without having to upgrade your valvetrain. You will definitely need K-Pro to make the most out of them though. And when you do add a JRSC all you would need to do is retune it. We are selling all our Skunk2 K20A3 camshafts for $250 Shipped on our eBay site as we speak.

michaeld1169
06-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Turbo Cams will most likely LOSE power NA since they have smaller profiles than stock. I would suggest Stage 1s as you can just drop them in without having to upgrade your valvetrain. You will definitely need K-Pro to make the most out of them though. And when you do add a JRSC all you would need to do is retune it. We are selling all our Skunk2 K20A3 camshafts for $250 Shipped on our eBay site as we speak.

i have skunk2 turbo cams and the profile is not smaller than stock. measured my shelf, installed the cams n/a and never got a tune. car ran fine and fuel mixtures were reading fine. (reading a wideband) now as far as ingntion tuning it was off but the car did feel a little better but nothing to to brag about. now i am boosted with them cams, stock valvetrain running a revhard turbo kit at 7psi making 261whp and 227wtq on a k20a3. but ya for the money i would go with something more hardcore. i got mine for really cheap new and needed cams bad because my exhaust lobe on the stock cam was pitting.