PDA

View Full Version : ep3 ebay fog help

PatrickJamesYu
06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
So im working on a 03 ep3
So Ive installed everything, and when I turn my car on to check the fogs, the fogs dont work.
I'm getting a VERY dim light from the switch
I assume this is normal because of the cheap switch.
But there is no light from the fogs.
Also, I have lost power to my stereo head unit.
Pleasee help.
I'm not sure whats wrong
and not sure how to fix it

Can someone run me through a step-by-step?

dschaos
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
sounds like a common problem with the ebay kits, its probably the ebay harness. i rewired mine with a new 30amp automotive relay.

EpThreeD
06-13-2010, 05:26 PM
http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.handa-accessories.com%2Fcivic%2Fsifogs.pdf&images=yes

Ronnie
06-13-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/pdf2html.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.handa-accessories.com%2Fcivic%2Fsifogs.pdf&images=yes

^^ Use that and try rechecking ur fuses bro if ur stereo doesn't work :D

- if u pm me and explain what u did so far and how u ran the wires etc, I will def help u out dude b/c I have had this stupid problem but it was fixed be4 i know it !!

SkareKrow
06-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I been wanting fogs so bad, but I dont eve know which ones to get since everyone has the problem. And the OEM Fogs are extremely expensive.

Twisted-X
06-19-2010, 02:21 PM
How to make your own fog light harness (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?47728-Fog-Light-Harness-Switch&highlight=fog+light+wire)

PatrickJamesYu
06-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
I actually forgot I posted this.

I figured out the problem.
The 1 pin that goes into the fuse box did'nt fit.
But pushing it in so tight, held it in place which i assumed meant it was all the way in.
I realized the pin didnt fit, and remember reading somewhere that it didnt fit, so I sanded it down on some kids skateboard grip tape out side of an In-N-Out.
Got them to work perfectly.
I sanded too much so the pin wont stay, but I wedged a piece of folded electrical tape, and now they work like a champ.
Brighter than I thought theyd be, but they have ZERO improvement for driver visibility, BUT they do look pretty cool from an outside perspective haha.

Oh and as for the Stereo.
I thought I blew a fuse, but I checked them all.
Theyre all good.
I found out I knocked the cables around and simply unplugged it on accident
noobmoov

Thanks again!

clujalolo
11-04-2010, 08:30 PM
hey i just got my fogs...and im testing them now...the the 1 pin connector that goes in the fuse box doesnt fit for me either like i mean it goes in but it doesnt click, i can easily pull it out....where did u sand it?

gamma6
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
the best ebay fog help is to rewire everything... why risk the chance of blowing fuses or even worse blowing lights in ur gauge cluster...
How to make your own fog light harness... worked very well

STP03BlueSI
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Throw the wireing harness away. its CRAP

gamma6
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Throw the wireing harness away. its CRAP

+1

clujalolo
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
i fixed my problem but looks like i got another one lol my fan aint working like when i turn on to blow some heat in the car or cold air, it doesnt even turn on...happened 2 days ago and then it started working but now it doesnt work at all...and i checked the fuses but im not sure which one it is. unless the blower is a relay...how would i know if its burned out?

i NEED HEAT asap....its getting cold out lol

jh604
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM
LOL ted...change the blower resistor

clujalolo
11-09-2010, 01:43 AM
u talking about the fuse under hood in the fuse box?

totommo
12-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
I actually forgot I posted this.

I figured out the problem.
The 1 pin that goes into the fuse box did'nt fit.
But pushing it in so tight, held it in place which i assumed meant it was all the way in.
I realized the pin didnt fit, and remember reading somewhere that it didnt fit, so I sanded it down on some kids skateboard grip tape out side of an In-N-Out.
Got them to work perfectly.
I sanded too much so the pin wont stay, but I wedged a piece of folded electrical tape, and now they work like a champ.
Brighter than I thought theyd be, but they have ZERO improvement for driver visibility, BUT they do look pretty cool from an outside perspective haha.

Oh and as for the Stereo.
I thought I blew a fuse, but I checked them all.
Theyre all good.
I found out I knocked the cables around and simply unplugged it on accident
noobmoov

Thanks again!

Which ebay fogs did you get? i've been looking for some yellow fogs but i don't know which one is good

Black_Ep3
04-08-2011, 08:14 PM
I also have ebay brand fogs and im not sure how to install at all!! I tried looking up the oem instructions and of course its not the same, i either have more or less wires then the oem!>! Can anyone help me with the install some kind of diagram? I have an extra power p+ but it doesn't go with my fogs i think!! need major help thanks Black_Ep3

STP03BlueSI
04-09-2011, 08:33 AM
I went and got a aftermarket light kit and wired it to the battery with a main switch.

The wiring harness SUCKS ass from ebay. I threw that fucker away with the craptastic switch they give.