PDA

View Full Version : Side Airbags???

MadBeatChemist
12-06-2002, 03:56 AM
Just a question for you all. Any of you get your Si with the Side Airbags??? When I bought my 2002 Si in May, several dealers told me that they were not bringing out that option right off the bat. And I have still not seen one with the side airbags. I was womdering if maybe they didn't do it for the 2002 but did it for the 2003. Any of you know??? Any of you have the side airbags. I was just wondering. It seemed like a nice option although it makes the seat look a little tacky with a rectangular plastic piece on the side of the seat. But I just haven;t seen them or heard any body mention having them.

myeverlovinsir
12-06-2002, 03:59 AM
My guess is no one here has em. just not prudent at this juncture!:D

IceD out N CALI
12-06-2002, 08:58 AM
i think Burgh has the side airbags

ssvr6
12-06-2002, 09:24 AM
They didn't have any when I bought mine, but 4 months later, that's all they had. All were 2002's.

Steve

Burgh
12-06-2002, 09:35 AM
Yup, I've got 'em. And mine's an 02. Had to do a bit of diggin and lookin around to find a dealership that had a black on with side SRS. For a while, all the ones I called only had one Si in stock that had them but they were either silver or white.

Am I the only one with the side bags? Really?

1 fstr si
12-06-2002, 09:50 AM
nope, mines a white 02 with side airbags. i like the added security of being able to protect my ribs if someone t-bones me. knock on wood. the only thing is that there is extra stuff involved if you wanna do a seat swap, but i like the way the seats are in the Si, so, im not worried about it. the only thing i wory about is that when i replace my door speakers when i do my audio system, i dont wanna get smacked in the back of the head by an airbag when i wokin on em. but, if it happens it happens.

Si4Me
12-06-2002, 03:38 PM
When I bought mine in November, I had the option to get it with, or without side air bags. Since WITH costed more, and it didn't much matter to me, I opted to go without.... no regrets, and my wallet thanks me too :)
They are out there tho.

golferjn
12-06-2002, 04:10 PM
yup, same as above - you can get one with or without the side airbags

MUSASHI
12-06-2002, 09:22 PM
I got my with side airbags , and thats is only $250 option . I wanted some added safety because drivers around here will run you over because every old woman drives a big azz SUV . I live in Colorado ,and drivers here suck .

vectorhive
12-06-2002, 11:57 PM
mine has airbags. they had black, white and silver with and without. i thought $250 and a couple of pounds was worth the safety. i cannot imagine why you would not get them.

ep3guy
12-07-2002, 02:32 AM
my cars silver, and i also have side airbags. :D

ep pilot
12-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Got mine almost a month ago, left over Silver Si; mine has the side SRS. funny thing is the salesman didn't know it had them as he wrote the invoice up on a different '02, no I guess I got it at know charge.

-Ryan

ep3guy
12-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Got mine almost a month ago, left over Silver Si; mine has the side SRS. funny thing is the salesman didn't know it had them as he wrote the invoice up on a different '02, no I guess I got it at know charge.

-Ryan

same here, but the people tried to charge me more for them, but then we got them for free in the end. :D makes me feel better because of the price we got it for.

chunky
12-08-2002, 12:38 AM
no side bags for me.

I waited and waited, but eventually i HAD to buy a car, and there just weren't any black ones with the side bags out yet.

carbonSI
01-04-2003, 08:32 AM
yea, you bring up a good point! i look back at that day i was pickin all the options... and i keep thinking, why the PHUCK didnt i get the side bags? and the fogs!!! :'( they would have basically been free, since the car was goin for 15600 down from 19k ahhh im a dumbass :D and yet, STILL no complaints... other that those haha -mike