PDA

View Full Version : damn thieves ...

jshin03
06-07-2010, 07:27 AM
So i get into my car this morning to find my drivers seat reclined all the way back. And i'm sitting there thinking "why the f**k is my seat so far back?" Then it hits me ... I've been jooked!

They stole my Prada sunglasses, about $3 in change (mostly, nickels, dimes and pennies but they took EVERYTHING) and half a pack of cigerettes. This one is the best though, they took my Squash Air Freshener. Squash Air Freshener!? I mean ... really !?

So this is just God's way of telling me to get off my ass and fix my door lock actuator. Had it been replaced, maybe my passenger door would have locked.

Learn from my experience EPhatchers ... I don't want this to happen to anyone else. If you need to fix your baby, do it before something makes you wish that you did it sooner.

Manny Kid 15
06-07-2010, 07:29 AM
that sucks man, sorry to hear but atleast they didnt take your whole whip....They only took petty shit

So i get into my car this morning to find my drivers seat reclined all the way back. And i'm sitting there thinking "why the f**k is my seat so far back?" Then it hits me ... I've been jooked!

They stole my Prada sunglasses, about $3 in change (mostly, nickels, dimes and pennies but they took EVERYTHING) and half a pack of cigerettes. This one is the best though, they took my Squash Air Freshener. Squash Air Freshener!? I mean ... really !?

So this is just God's way of telling me to get off my ass and fix my door lock actuator. Had it been replaced, maybe my passenger door would have locked.

Learn from my experience EPhatchers ... I don't want this to happen to anyone else. If you need to fix your baby, do it before something makes you wish that you did it sooner.

EpThreeD
06-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Damn, good advice.

jubaque
06-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Damn, lucky you!
Here in my country, they will take ur whole car!

Anyway, $%^&* the thieve!

Kerby
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
that sucks....

but hey, look at the bright side... you don't have to repair a broken window, vaccuum any glass from the rug, or purchase a new center console and/or radio and have your insurance rate go up cause you filed a claim.
It sucks that people are just to fricken lazy to buy it themselves.

username011
06-07-2010, 08:17 AM
my actuator has been broke for 5 years. . . still havent gotten it fixed.. its just so expensive to fix and a lot of work..

matdbom
06-07-2010, 08:43 AM
so are you gonna change your avatar now? haha i had to change my actuator before, its not that expensive or difficult to do, you just need patience and preferably a magnetic screw driver

jshin03
06-07-2010, 09:18 AM
My car wasn't in danger of being stolen. It was blocked in my driveway by the other 3 cars...

X O
O O

I was the "X"

Kerby: yeah thankfully, they didn't do much dmg, just pissed because I knwo they are talking about it right now and I can't do anythign about it. I was actually thinking about pulling a Stakeout, Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez style and seeing if they come back for more.

matdbom: hahahaha i actually will probably change my avatar now. actually pretty funny you mentioned that

T_Virus
06-07-2010, 12:15 PM
it sucks that things were stolen but I don't think the non-working actuator have anything to do with this. Unless you forgot to manually lock it.

charles
06-07-2010, 01:14 PM
i guess just remember to look your doors

Silvercard
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Damn, glad they left the ep alone. Why the freshener too?LOL

MajorJones
06-07-2010, 05:12 PM
damn sorry to hear man. i should really fix my passenger door actuator asap

CHASEEE
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
At least they didn't have to bust out the window.

EP_EJAY
06-08-2010, 09:18 AM
how much were the prada glasses worth?

screw the air freshner! lol

Squidward
06-08-2010, 07:10 PM
At least they didn't have to bust out the window.
True. I had a Mark II Golf GT a few years ago that got broke into so many times, ten times actually, that I stopped locking it. This decision came after the assbags broke the little triangular window in the front door (four door car) and it cost something like $260 to replace it.
I stopped leaving anything I ever wanted to see again in the car when I wasn't in it. My car got "searched" several more times and the morons still broke off the (unlocked) door handle once, but other than that I was never really out anything again.

3dkahuna
06-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Replacing the Actuator is not expensive and can be done in about 30min if it is the first time you have done it.

Remember my DIY video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heRnJWXixdk

Bobster3825
06-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Damn sorry to hear about your stuff getting stolen man. I have the same problem with my actuator. I just don't have the money to fix it right now and am just paranoid enough to check my locks all the time lol.

Replacing the Actuator is not expensive and can be done in about 30min if it is the first time you have done it.

Remember my DIY video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heRnJWXixdk

Love that video.... Gone!.... Gone! lol

Great DIY Vid man

omgheyitskenny
06-16-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry I had to laugh when I read they took your squash =P

Nicotine
06-17-2010, 05:37 AM
at the end of the day - you have your car, no major damage was done.... in reality, it's the best possible outcome for that type of situation!

saturnmodder
06-19-2010, 11:13 AM
At least it was a fairly minor incident. I know the feeling of some petty shit being stolen though, it's very frustrating just to know that someone invaded your privacy like that.

For a while, I was rocking a Miata, and I never locked the doors on that thing. If some lowlife was going to get into it, I'd rather them open the door than cut the top. But luckily, this part of the world isn't too bad with that happening. The only time someone has tried to break into one of my cars, it was when my dad was using my '92 SC, and left it sitting in a parking lot for a weekend while he drove a bus to Nashville (school teacher and coach). He came back, and someone had trashed the weather stripping and bent the door frame slightly trying to get into it.

somejaykid
06-20-2010, 12:01 PM
damn that suck op hope karma get those fucking thieves