PDA

View Full Version : huh... WTH?!

Kerby
06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
motor: k24a2
miles so far - 10K

this weekend motor ran great. It's been muggy so I've had the a/c running.
I wake up this morning, motor sounds good. Go to the gym and keep it below vtec. save MUCHO gas this way.

After work, I go to turn on the car. It starts alittle funny. Alittle more shacky than usually. But I'm use to it.

I go to take off and the car whistles so fricken loud. I have a CAI so I'm use to that too... Immediately I let off. I look at the tach and I see my Check Engine light up. I'm like... WTH?! I get to the light and now the car is idling funny. really really low... like 500. it's usually at 750.

I baby it home and when I get home i shut the car off. I go get my netbook and plug in, turn the car on. At this point the idle is really mess up. Choppy,sloppy, and I'm getting a really bad misfire. My exhaust even is pulsating really bad.

Manager is showing have 2 codes. P0301 and another one. Turns out its a Misfire in cylinder #1 and first A/F sensor is not activating. HUH.... I shut of the car. at this my netbook is acting up and Kpro manager is too. I shut every off. car and netbook. I reboot the netbook. I upload Manager and once it's up I plug the USB port in. Kpro reads online. I go to turn on the car... Codes are gone and so is the check engine light. Idle is back to normal, and power is all back. I check A/F and their reading. I didn't do anything. I didn't erase the codes.

What the Hell happend? I'm stumped on this one.:mconfused:
For some reason the car acted the way it did.

Siborg
06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Wow strange...I have had mine go into limp mode out of nowhere before. I turned it off and then right back on and it was fine, that has happened a couple of times. Thats the extent of any gremlins I have had, your seems a little more strange.

skoundrelusa
06-13-2010, 03:35 PM
very weird.

I was expecting worst things to come as I was reading lol. Lucky I guess?

jlong21
06-13-2010, 05:35 PM
who knows dude sounds crazy just keep your netbook with you and watch things for a few days

Sub
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
dude.. I think your car just had a BSOD.. Nothing a reboot can't fix...hehe.

No but really here is a link on some with the same error codes can't hurt to read.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?44249-missfire-cyl1&p=530296&viewfull=1