PDA

View Full Version : Camber kit for HFP anyone?

EP3driver
06-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I installed the HFP kit in my 04 EP however the alignment shop cannot get the original camber bolts to adjust to meet the HFP recommended specs, it is way off no matter how much adjustment they try. Does anyone know of a camber kit that will work with the HFP kit? The shop was able to do all other adjustments fine.
Thanks

maksym
06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
For the front you can get NAPA camber bolts! Worked fine for me! I don't think you will need any camber kit for the rear!
Just my $.02!

powdbyrice
06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
They should be able to... nothing changes (from Honda) other than the suspension. I have the hfp and use stock bolts and my shop can get the desired settings

EP3driver
06-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, they tried some NAPA bolts in the front and no luck...they are going to try specialized tomorrow. What camber specs did you use?

powdbyrice
06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
the OEM HFP specs.

the shop knows that the specs are in arcminutes, correct?

maksym
06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Well... Like powdbyrice said you don't really need any camber kits when you install HFP suspension, because it is OEM application from Honda but just to get a better adjustment you sure can use some, but again, not required. And if you are sayin they tried to use NAPA camber bolts and even those didn't help than I don't know, maybe they just want you to spend more money or something! Just a thought! And yeah, the camber is measured in arcminutes, but some measure in degrees! Mine are about -.7 for the front and about -1.5 in the back in degrees which are pretty close to Honda specs if you convert it to arcminutes! But I did play with the toe a little bit! Different people have different specs! All depends on the person and how he/she wants the car to handle!

EP3driver
06-09-2010, 05:52 AM
Not sure what they were using, he had a -1 on the display and was trying to get to 0. Maybe he was using degrees...I'll ask them later today. Thanks