PDA

View Full Version : Cops suck.

MarkL
06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Just got car on Thursday, my wife went to the store got pulled over doing 60 in a 45 got car .Cop bitched about window tint 20% the funny thing is she had the front window all the way down. Here in Ga the back window can be as dark as you want the front have to be 35% or lighter. We have insurance but she didnt have the card. Next I pull up in my yukon Talked to the cop after he had said he was giving her 3 tickets. I gave him insurance card that knocked off one ticket.Next I asked how he could give her a window tint ticket when the front windows was all the way down. He argued so I called my uncle wiho is a detective for the city he bitched the guy out and only give me one ticket. Btw im 33 not a 17 year old kid. My uncle said to not worry about the other ticket he could take care of it. I was fine getting the 60mph ticket but the other two was b.s. I told the cop if he's going to give tickets he should at least know the law. :gheywa:

oneglory
06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Just got car on Thursday, my wife went to the store got pulled over doing 60 in a 45 got car .
So she broke the law?

Cop bitched about window tint 20% the funny thing is she had the front window all the way down. Here in Ga the back window can be as dark as you want the front have to be 35% or lighter.
So you broke the law?

We have insurance but she didnt have the card.
Failure to provide documents?

Next I pull up in my yukon Talked to the cop after he had said he was giving her 3 tickets. I gave him insurance card that knocked off one ticket.Next I asked how he could give her a window tint ticket when the front windows was all the way down.

He argued so I called my uncle wiho is a detective for the city he bitched the guy out and only give me one ticket.
"Btw im 33 not a 17 year old kid. My uncle said to not worry about the other ticket he could take care of it. "

Btw im 33 not a 17 year old kid.
See above.

My uncle said to not worry about the other ticket he could take care of it.
See above.

I was fine getting the 60mph ticket but the other two was b.s. I told the cop if he's going to give tickets he should at least know the law. :gheywa:
?

I'm not tryin to be a dick but I don't understand your argument here.

ttttrigg3r
06-09-2010, 08:08 PM
man that was harsh. I'm glad you won the battle against the cop. kinda.

thisisagame24
06-09-2010, 08:11 PM
so the cop sucks because she was speeding in a car with out proof of insurance and an illegal window tint? seems to make sense to me

usedep3
06-09-2010, 08:16 PM
so the cop sucks because she was speeding in a car with out proof of insurance and an illegal window tint? seems to make sense to me

but he's 33. c'mon guys

charles
06-09-2010, 08:39 PM
who knew violating laws got people tickets!!! WTF

but common..... i agree with oneglory

Jukka
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
cops do suck for doing their job. What a prick. When I get my badge, I'm never gonna pull people over for something illegal, might get their uncles bitching at me.

jlong21
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM
ya cops here are assholes but where do you live in GA cuz i live in southwest GA.

DRP967
06-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Pay to play.

Why hate the popo when you break a law(s)?

I dont hate cops for doing their job, i hate the ones who abuse their power.

Please believe.

Distance
06-09-2010, 10:58 PM
you deserve it.

T_Virus
06-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Pay to play.

Why hate the popo when you break a law(s)?

I dont hate cops for doing their job, i hate the ones who abuse their power.

Please believe.

x2...I agree.

username011
06-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Nobody wants to pay a fine and it really does suck when you get caught but you have to admit you did wrong when you know you have, the police are just doing their job..

this freedom card can be handy

http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/freedom_card.pdf

02_epdriver
06-10-2010, 12:07 AM
I seen this coming before I even open this thread. LOL!! One thing never todo is talk about cops on the forum you will get bashed about anything. Yes we all disagree on the laws at time but cops are out to do their jobs even if we like it or not and to protect the community hopefully. 60 in a 45 shame on her. JK LOL

ShadowEP3
06-10-2010, 12:18 AM
i like how this has turned out :tehe:

good job to the police..theyre doing what we pay for..how do you not expect to get a ticket for doing over the speed limit?

HondaFreak
06-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Nobody wants to pay a fine and it really does suck when you get caught but you have to admit you did wrong when you know you have, the police are just doing their job..

this freedom card can be handy

http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/freedom_card.pdf

Dang bro thanks for that. I'm actually going to use that shit. I wonder if it will piss the officer off?

And as for cops sucking, well, I understand the OP's frustration, but if your town is like my town, it's BROKE AS FAWK! Sooooo, the popo is finding a way to keep his or her job by passing out yellow slips like a pedophile with candy at a daycare. Though, I got a good laugh from all the responses. You all are cop LOVERS, dang.

On a side note, I'm a little jaded. See, my wife's car got broken into. The popo is too busy to come out and take a report. But if I drive .25 of a mile to the light rail station at Capitol and Narvaez, there will sure as shit be two of them sitting there parked for hours on end. I appreciate the jobs they do. But gimme a break, these guys are not Jeebus. It's like the old saying, there's never a cop around when you need one.

Christian

scorpionsf
06-10-2010, 04:34 AM
speeding ticket:deserved it
tint ticket: bullspit if the windows were down
no insurance ticket:kinda bullspit and kinda not. being it is a new car i can see why you simply wouldnt have one yet. warning or allowing her to prove otherwise would have been enough.

talonXracer
06-10-2010, 06:14 AM
The only truely BS ticket was the insurance card thing, what you dont know is that the card is redundant, the dmv's of each state already link insurance coverage to plate#'s, they could already access your insurance status before they ever left their patrol car.

Since COG became operational in 2001, the police mandate changed from protecting their communities to protecting the Govts infrastructure and controlling the populace. The Supreme Court already ruled that the police ARE NOT THERE to protect the citizenery, but to protect the countries assets.

Sub
06-10-2010, 06:45 AM

^ agree

While I had my fair share of being pulled over, usally it is because my own doing. While cops in my area would give you a ticket for speeding in a heart beat, they usaully look the other way for tint and other stuff ( Unless your a dick to them..)

Chupacabray
06-10-2010, 07:39 AM
you deserve it.

x2..

Lucid Moments
06-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Just for the record in Georgia you are not required to keep proof of insurance in the car. As Doug mentioned the DMV keeps a record and police can access it.

The speeding and the window tickets would have been legit, but the simple fact that the cop was going to try to give her a ticket for something that IS NOT ILLEGAL shows he going beyond merely doing his job.

I wonder what the wife did to piss him off.

talonXracer
06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I wonder what the wife did to piss him off.

Or what she could potentially do for the officer?.............

Almost Fast
06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I have mixed feelings about cops.
Sometimes I am def in the wrong and sometime they are pulling shit out of their ass.

But if your wife had not been speeding or allegedly speeding then the rest of this would never have come to.

CHASEEE
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Well, one ticket is better than three. Or in your case no tickets.

Passenger
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
What part of ga u from

username011
06-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Or one thing you could do is get special plates like my step dad has he is a kernel in the army and he got these plates that the cops need to ask permission from the federal government to look at on their computer.. they still will get your information but it takes them forever and by forever I mean at least an hour or so.

scorpionsf
06-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Or one thing you could do is get special plates like my step dad has he is a kernel in the army and he got these plates that the cops need to ask permission from the federal government to look at on their computer.. they still will get your information but it takes them forever and by forever I mean at least an hour or so.

i would kill someone if i had to wait atleast an hour just to get a ticket

Draw7Seven
06-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes, the state of GA has connected insurance information with license plates.

No, not every county in GA can afford to install the necessary technology in their cruisers in order to render documentation statewide irrelevant. Could he have sent out to dispatch for the information? Maybe. But he could also just ask for your insurance card. Not that you have to have it with you.

I work for an insurance company :)

username011
06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
i would kill someone if i had to wait atleast an hour just to get a ticket

Obviouslly you dont get the point.. the point is to waste the cops time and to remind him that he isnt all powerful and hes just a lowly cop.

shortstop
06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
next time have a hot wife and you shouldn't have any tickets

jeenyusss
06-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Obviouslly you dont get the point.. the point is to waste the cops time and to remind him that he isnt all powerful and hes just a lowly cop.

you do realized police are paid by the hour? you think they care about sitting in a air conditioned car or heated car waiting for information back? thats just stupid to waste your own time, your not getting paid. I have never heard about the plates your talking about, are you sure about that? i know some plates you run and then you get phones calls wondering why it was ran.. i.e. undercover cars/dea cars/ fed cars/ etc. but it doesnt take any longer at all

and doug your right its all linked up on the plates if the insurance is valid, but unfortunatly for people the proof of insurance is a v+t law :shrug:

talonXracer
06-10-2010, 08:00 PM
and doug your right its all linked up on the plates if the insurance is valid, but unfortunately for people the proof of insurance is a v+t law :shrug:

Yeah I had been pulled over one time in the Talon at 2am while driving around the Pepacton reservoir up by Margretville, the DEP cop was fairly cool, he noticed the FEDEX uniform and was wondering why I was out that way so late, he then said my insurance card was out of date but the policy was still valid, he just told me to get the new card in the car, nowadays you would get a ticket, just to raise revenue.

Squidward
06-11-2010, 01:51 PM
next time have a hot wife and you shouldn't have any tickets
True stuff there mang. My ex girlfriend got pulled over for going 55 in a 25, not wearing a seatbelt and expired tags ALL AT ONCE! She is hot and only got a warning for the seatbelt. I don't think she had to give him head or anything either. At least that's what she told me. Who knows, maybe she did. God I miss her...

Lucid Moments
06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Yea, for all that? She blew him.

Draw7Seven
06-11-2010, 07:34 PM
In fact, I got told in licensing class today that you're technically required to carry THE COVER SHEET OF THE POLICY, not just the card itself. Yes, even though "it's all linked up," not every county in GA can afford to link up to the network that offers them that information. So yeah, if he's an asshat he can give you a ticket for not having insurance. But usually when a cop is an asshat, he's been perturbed into that condition. Meh.

oneglory
06-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I think this thread has run its course.