PDA

View Full Version : Question about electrical things...guess this is the right place

Mattlikespeople
06-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Ok, so my headlights only work if the brights are on. No clue where to start as i'm not too familiar with wiring. Also, are our cars supposed to have a ding ding ding when you leave the lights on or leave the keys in the ignition?

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
06-11-2010, 05:07 AM
did you check the fuses?

ImportCustomx
07-12-2010, 12:11 PM
i am not trying to be a dick but have you tried new bulbs?

if so, check the plug connections...use a multimeter to check voltage (google that if you do not know how to use a multimeter to check voltage)
by plug connections i mean where the bulbs plug into the harness..those burn out sometimes..i had that happen on my crx. depinned/cut them off and put new ones on and it was all set. sometimes its as simple as that..or sometimes its a bad ground/bad relay.

go download the Honda service manual off Hondatech.info and check out the headlight trouble shooting/electrical...its very helpful.

ttttrigg3r
07-12-2010, 12:41 PM
yeah it's supposed to ding when you take the keys out without turning off the lights

Chad
07-13-2010, 09:05 AM
It does not ding, it goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

If you leave your keys in it and open the door it goes BeepBeepBeepBeep, BeepBeepBeepBeep, and on and on.. 2.5Khz is the exact frequency BTW ;)

That being said.... OP when you close your door do the dome lights fade out as they are supposed to, do your locks work, do your domelights activate/fade with lock/unlock?

The beeper is in the cluster, it's not easy to remove. Did you buy your car used? Was there a nut under there adding or jacking with that electrical system?