PDA

View Full Version : exhaust leak need help have tryed everything!!!!

gtecd20
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
sup guys new here, i am also a member at azht.net but not to many ep3s there so came here need some HELP!!!!

here my issue, i have an exhaust leak in one of the gaskets from what a shop told me

i have replaced the manifold gasket and donut and the rear one and still have a leak
i also replaced the after market complete exhaust with the stock and still no help
im wondering if its the headers they are some DC headers but all gaskets replaced and still got the noise

i dont have pics but i recorded a video which i can send on my cell phone to help get a better idea what the noise it

any help please!!! i have att so pm ur number an ill send u video

thanks guys!

Chromium4500
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
What gaskets have you been using? I have tried 2 aftermarket donut gaskets and only the OEM one seems to get a really good seal, even with aftermarket flanges and exhausts.

johnkimble
06-10-2010, 03:40 PM
What gaskets have you been using? I have tried 2 aftermarket donut gaskets and only the OEM one seems to get a really good seal, even with aftermarket flanges and exhausts.

x2 sounds like that could be the issue.

Silvercard
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
OEM! Those gaskets gave me a good seal but a bit pricey....

gtecd20
06-15-2010, 07:50 PM
found out the headers have cracks all over they r dc which i am told very normal
but just found some on here once i get them installed i will see if that fixes my issues
all gaskets are HONDA oem no one had them so had to get them from the dealership very expensive since i was also missing bolts and springs spend 80 bucks on just one donut gasket and 2 bolts and 2 springs OUCH!

johnkimble
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
damn! junk yard next time

gtecd20
06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
did that too spend the entire weekend going to salvage yards and honda salvage parts and NADA! worst part is auto zone has no clue what gasket they use and have no part number to order