PDA

View Full Version : pioneer DEH-P5200HD

Si Death
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
anyone have this?? I might be able to get this for a good deal but was wondering what you audiophiles thought. Will I also need some kind of adapter plate or is this a direct fit replacement of the oem stereo?

superstocksi
06-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I have the deh-p7200hd and I'm happy with it. IMO, HD radio is just a marketing ploy though. I don't hear any difference other than that when signal strength is low it does not get static. I'm sure that the 5200 sounds pretty much identical. I think that you are going to need a dash kit to install it, or at least I have one, because I think the stock radio is rounded on the edges. Other than that you shounldn't have any problems.

onlinenow
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah, i wouldnt suggest getting the HD version, the "basic" is fine, but you're absolutely right wanting to get that particular head unit. Thats exactly what I would be getting when I get the money, I've been keeping an eye on it for a while. I dont know the fit but it shouldnt be too off. Watch ebay, just make sure you're getting an exact, not a replica. Dual, which is never a preferred brand, still wouldnt be too bad. just dont go jensen! Type it in on google and put the word "prices" after it. Thats usually the best of the best bet that you can really get to.