PDA

View Full Version : Removing driver side seatbelt tensioner

SHG_EasyE
06-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey guys, upon installing my bucket seat I found that I'd like to remove the bulky belt tensioner system attatched to the buckle. Is there any information out there on how to fake out the srs system with a resistor so It thinks the unit is in place when it does the system check? Thanks for any help in advance!

27rocks
06-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I wonder if you could just loop a wire in the connector and trick it into thinking its plugged in. I've heard of this on older hondas but not sure if it applies to our cars.
Do you want it out just for the weight factor or you just hate the look??

SHG_EasyE
06-11-2010, 04:44 AM
I wonder if you could just loop a wire in the connector and trick it into thinking its plugged in. I've heard of this on older hondas but not sure if it applies to our cars.
Do you want it out just for the weight factor or you just hate the look??

Yeah I'm not sure if that would work here. I wonder if the sr system looks for a resistance or just a return signal. I'd like to get rid of it for both looks and weight. It's about 4 lbs.

27rocks
06-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Well give it a shot and see what happens...

SHG_EasyE
06-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Im not gonna just try something since I run the possibility of frying something if 12v goes somewhere thats supposed to just be getting a 4 or 5v reference signal. I was hoping someone had already worked it out, in the mean time im going to see if I can find a wiring diagram or test procedure for checking the unit and go from there.

Kerby
06-11-2010, 10:23 AM
if your daily... wouldn't you want to keep the belt just incase the po-po gives you a hassle? i know running a harness is better... but i'm just saying.

27rocks
06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok i just asked my friend about this.. he works for honda.

"Measure the resistance of the pretensioner and then buy a resistor of the value in where the tensioner used to be"

SHG_EasyE
06-11-2010, 05:26 PM
if your daily... wouldn't you want to keep the belt just incase the po-po gives you a hassle? i know running a harness is better... but i'm just saying.

I'm keeping the oem belt just getting rid of the srs explosive belt tensioner attached to the buckle. I wouldn't want harnesses in a street car.

Ok i just asked my friend about this.. he works for honda.

"Measure the resistance of the pretensioner and then buy a resistor of the value in where the tensioner used to be"

That's what I was thinking I just new to find a test sequence/ pinout to see what wires need to be lopped with a resistor