PDA

View Full Version : Help removing plastic piece on hatch

MarkL
06-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey im removing the window tint on the rear hatch window my hatch and need to remove the piece of plastic that goes all the way around the inside of the actual hatch to get the tint off. Is there a special way to pop it off it looks like there are 3 pieces to it. Just dont want to break it.

Chromium4500
06-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Start with the top piece that houses the third brake light. There are 4 "push-tab" things that you just need to pop out. If you go to audio store, auto store, probably other placed you can get a really neat little tool to help with these
http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TRIM-01&Category_Code=INTERIORTOOLS&Store_Code=elcamino
Something like that.

Anyway, start with the top piece and just carefully pull. If you have two people it's easier to lift the piece a little and look inside to see where the tabs are. Now just work your way down along the side pillar pieces and onto the bottom piece. GL!

EpThreeD
06-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm trying to think off the top of my head, I can't remember if you need to but there's also a screw inside the handle also. Putting these back on is a pain, it would help a lot to have another set of hands to help. Pop the brake light are back on first I think is how I ended up doing it.