PDA

View Full Version : Stock OEM alarm security system HELP!

mangvue05si
06-13-2010, 07:47 AM
I just bought a 05 si and was wondering WTF, the oem remote - unlock/lock - doesn't really unlock my doors, I still have to use my key? YET I often notice it will "work" when I have the driver door unlocked (with the key) and when you press the un-lock it will unlock all doors...

I dont mind using my keys, yet I have the remote...so wont you think the remote will unlock it for you...

---I tried to search for a oem remote fourm no luck---

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

shanewdude
06-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Are there any other strange problems, like the dome light is off, or something similar not working? I had random lock problems when my "backup" fuse blew due to a short in the radio (wire got cut by the stereo support bracket). I'd start by checking all the fuses carefully. Then consider the battery in the remote, or possibly multi-plexor issues. Maybe someone else can point you in a more specific direction!

ttttrigg3r
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
change the battery in the remote?

musashi1219
06-14-2010, 06:30 PM
do the doors lock and unlock from the switch on the door? might be a dying actuator

are the dome lamps illuminating when you press unlock the first time? do the other doors not unlock on the second press of the unlock button on the transmitter?

the_steve
06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
I have the same problem on my 04 and i just got it last week. My driver side door doesn't lock when i press the remote to lock or unlock,it only locks when i lock or unlock it manually with the key. Passenger side door locks and unlocks with the remote with no problem so its just my driver side door. I asked my cousin(distance) and he thinks it might be the door actuator?any ideas?hoping to get some answer so i don't have to take to the honda dealer and pay over $100 bucks to fix.thxs u guys

musashi1219
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I have the same problem on my 04 and i just got it last week. My driver side door doesn't lock when i press the remote to lock or unlock,it only locks when i lock or unlock it manually with the key. Passenger side door locks and unlocks with the remote with no problem so its just my driver side door. I asked my cousin(distance) and he thinks it might be the door actuator?any ideas?hoping to get some answer so i don't have to take to the honda dealer and pay over $100 bucks to fix.thxs u guys

your cousin is right

mangvue05si
06-17-2010, 06:52 PM
THANKS 4 the tip GUYS! (OR/GALS), I just got a new battery for it... not that, my dome light is fine..."the_steve" is having the same shit, my next atempt... the fuse before the "dying actuator" YET the inside door switch works. ***ANYONE KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO REPROGRAM IT, it goes something like key to "ll" so your dash comes on (with-in 5 secs) press all your remote, AND MORE***

josetequila
07-03-2010, 10:14 PM
i am having the same problem too, my keyless remote when dead and so i bought new batteries, and thats when my nightmare started i hit the lock button and only passenger and back door will lock but not the driver side, but a day before that i was trying to get my maintnance light off ( the one that comes on every 3,000 i guess for oil change) plus every time i reset the maintnance light, i always have problem with the reset button, some how is not making contact with the board or what ever is inside the gage, so i just keep and keep trying untill i get lucky and it make contact.... so maybe i did something that made my driver side not to work with my keyless remote, i read a forum not long time ago, that gave you an option on how you wanted to lock or unlock your car doors.... please need help on how to reset my driver door with my keyless remote, one more thing before all this problem. sometimes i would press my unlock/lock button when door was open or closed, and it would make a beep sound twice, now it does a click sound twice.... any ideas or help is welcome... when i reset my maintnance light i do what my manual book says, hold reset turn ingnition key all the way, but not crank the car and keep holding the reset button for 10 second and light will turn off....

KevEP3
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm actually having the same problem on my 02, The clicker will lock/unlock the passenger and hatch but won't do anything to my driver side door..

cvicep3
10-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Same thing happens to one of my remotes. How do I fix it?

I'm actually having the same problem on my 02, The clicker will lock/unlock the passenger and hatch but won't do anything to my driver side door..

totommo
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
same thing happens to mine. mine is an 03 :\

josetequila
10-28-2010, 11:09 AM
i am still having issues with my key remote, now everytime i have to lock my doors i need to use my car key, now if driverside door is unlock, then i can lock/unlock my car with the key remote. but if my driver door is lock and i wanna use my remote key, all it does is flash front and rear lights, but doesnt unlock my doors.

T_Virus
10-28-2010, 12:37 PM
i am still having issues with my key remote, now everytime i have to lock my doors i need to use my car key, now if driverside door is unlock, then i can lock/unlock my car with the key remote. but if my driver door is lock and i wanna use my remote key, all it does is flash front and rear lights, but doesnt unlock my doors.

Either you have an electrical issue or your actuator is about to give up. Most of the time it is the actuator