PDA

View Full Version : Detailing spray what does it do?

i-WERKS
12-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Does it just clean the surface? What's so special about it?

AkronSi
12-06-2002, 02:35 PM
If you mean Quick Detailer or Quick Wax (or anything similar) they don't really clean your car (although many people use them to get rid of bird crap). And, you shouldn't use them in place of wax. They are designed to be used on a waxed car after washes and such to return the gloss and extend the life of the wax.

BarracksSi
12-08-2002, 02:07 PM
It worked surprisingly well when I cleaned off some bird crap, as I mentioned in another thread. It took off water spots as well, but I didn't do the whole car, since it was going to snow that night.

The bottle says nothing about being a substitute for washing, and it does say that, "It's time to re-wax when Quik Detailer is slow to wipe off." Then, with the sentence, "Use Quick Detailer right after a rainstorm, dust storm, or any other condition that ruins your 'just waxed' appearance," there is no suggestion that it's a substitute for a full wash & wax, or to get off a week's worth of slushy road grime.

Think of it this way -- you just washed & waxed the car, and it looks fantastic, ready to take out on the town the next night. But, dammit, some bird pooped on the door, or it sprinkled some rain. This stuff would help out.

As far as dust goes, I like using my car duster -- the less surface pressure, the better.

Suk02Si
12-09-2002, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
It worked surprisingly well when I cleaned off some bird crap, as I mentioned in another thread. It took off water spots as well, but I didn't do the whole car, since it was going to snow that night.

The bottle says nothing about being a substitute for washing, and it does say that, "It's time to re-wax when Quik Detailer is slow to wipe off." Then, with the sentence, "Use Quick Detailer right after a rainstorm, dust storm, or any other condition that ruins your 'just waxed' appearance," there is no suggestion that it's a substitute for a full wash & wax, or to get off a week's worth of slushy road grime.

Think of it this way -- you just washed & waxed the car, and it looks fantastic, ready to take out on the town the next night. But, dammit, some bird pooped on the door, or it sprinkled some rain. This stuff would help out.

As far as dust goes, I like using my car duster -- the less surface pressure, the better.
What brand of quick detailer are you using?

BarracksSi
12-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Meguiar's Quik Detailer

mrfixit687
12-22-2002, 11:13 PM
i love my meguiars final detail :D