PDA

View Full Version : Constant squeak

04EP3Hatch
06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
hey quick ??? for all you guys, i have a 61.5" gates micro v belt, and all it does is make the tensioner pulley squeal. WTF?? i even replaced the tensioner pulley too. Im ordering the 62.2 gatorback just to give it a shot, any one have any other ideas?

speedking604
06-14-2010, 05:04 PM
get a gatorback belt and make sure the belt is tight.

BlownSi05
06-15-2010, 06:03 AM
Usually a belt squeal is from the belt being a little too loose. Give the Gatorback a try when you get it and see if it does the same.

04EP3Hatch
06-18-2010, 04:07 AM
wellllllll... it was the belt. gatorback is on, and is SOO quiet OMG lol i thought my gearpack in the blower was low on oil cause it whined, but it was my belt lol

04EP3Hatch
06-18-2010, 08:10 PM
SOOO much quieter, no more squeaks, but i am getting a little slippage, on the tensioner, the little buddy nut (the nut you tighten on long 10mm bolt to hold the tension in place) and the top of the long adjustment bolt, have about 3/8" inch between them, i can tighten it more, but i dont know if i should

superchargedk20
06-18-2010, 10:52 PM
gates belts are loud. Gatorbacks are made to be quieter but ur gona suffer from slipping.

04EP3Hatch
06-19-2010, 04:05 AM
gates belts are loud. Gatorbacks are made to be quieter but ur gona suffer from slipping.

yea man that gates one was horribly loud, and idk the way it aligned itself it squealed like hell for some reason

superchargedk20
06-19-2010, 08:02 AM
yea man that gates one was horribly loud, and idk the way it aligned itself it squealed like hell for some reason
mine squealed all the time never bugged me. i hit 9.1 psi everytime so i dealt with the squeal

gtimportfanatic
06-20-2010, 05:42 AM
hi buddies.. i'm five lugged now and my clutch seems to now not giving any issues.. lol..

04EP3Hatch
06-20-2010, 07:13 AM
hi buddies.. i'm five lugged now and my clutch seems to now not giving any issues.. lol..

haha your car was just dieing for 1 more lug nut :)

superchargedk20
06-20-2010, 07:25 AM

GO hang out with ur daddy today and then come down later and get spanked. Ive been goin 2 weeks strong no issues. So lets get it in before one of our cars decides to break again lol

mkp
10-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Mine squeaks all the time. I have now almost given up on it, trying to get used to the squeals. I went for this micro v belts because they seem to boast that they out perform every thing else. They are not supposed to get loosened right? Especially since they are truncated and short? Not working for me, definitely not. I had the v ribbed belt before and I had no issues with it. I might just switch back to it. What say folks?

neoamd
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
mine squeaks all the time. I have now almost given up on it, trying to get used to the squeals. I went for this micro v belts because they seem to boast that they out perform every thing else. They are not supposed to get loosened right? Especially since they are truncated and short? Not working for me, definitely not. I had the v ribbed belt before and i had no issues with it. I might just switch back to it. What say folks?

buy a modified oem auto tensioner. It solved my problem so stop bumping old threads. Plz dawg.