PDA

View Full Version : valvecover question

fishboy
12-06-2002, 06:03 PM
i think i might be missing a bolt or something on my valvecover, but i'm not too sure. can somebody tell me if they have anything on this part of their valvecover?

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/9140/p/151044_1400552142704090433_vl.jpg

mine looks just like that, nothing on it. should i have something there? if not why is it like that and can i use this to ground my engine maybe? it bugs me when i look at it. i though it was missing a bolt to keep it down but it doesn't look like the others. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

JSIR
12-06-2002, 08:24 PM
keep in mind that JDM vehicles are right hand drive so they have wires and cables flowing in different directions to the front of the engine compared to USDM engines. So there is probably a bracket that bolts there to hold a cable or wire in the engine bay for JDM applications, which USDM cars don't use. Also the RSX uses power steering hoses, quite possible that a bracket may mount there to hold a power steering hose that runs to the back of the firewall area. Something like that is most likely the reason, as that valvecover is used on different engines. Nothing on our engine is used at that spot. hth.

fishboy
12-07-2002, 03:05 PM
phew, ok cool. i was worried when i first saw it. i used this pic because it was the only one i could find on the internet. thanks.:D

JSIR
12-07-2002, 03:14 PM
I love those red valvecovers, damn they look so sweet!.
If I get my car to ever hit 160 whp then I think it deserves to wear a red valve cover and I will get one to reward the engine :)