PDA

View Full Version : Stupid car problem

bsdbytes
12-06-2002, 06:46 PM
My 02' Si had an annoying vibration in the front right and makes a noise (which you can also feel in the seat and steering wheel) when turning left and driving over a bump at the same time. Anyway...the local Honda dealer decided to replace the entire strut assembly on the front right. Which didn't fix the problem. My gut said it was a lower ball joint so I torqued it down some more to 100lbs. Now I'm pretty sure the noise and vibration are gone. To make a long question short, does anyone know what the proper torque spec is for the lower ball joint bolt?

Mike

Spidey
12-06-2002, 07:06 PM
i believe there is some other people here with the same problem as do I, but I don't think anyone knows what the problem is. I find that it happens at low speed left turns but not all the time or I just can't tell/don't pay attention.
I was going to take it in, but you know what's going to happen? The problem won't be there when I try and point it out to them!

bsdbytes
12-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Spidey
i believe there is some other people here with the same problem as do I, but I don't think anyone knows what the problem is. I find that it happens at low speed left turns but not all the time or I just can't tell/don't pay attention.
I was going to take it in, but you know what's going to happen? The problem won't be there when I try and point it out to them!

Exactly. I called Honda Customer Care # and they said they had no reports of the problem. The dealer said there was no TSB either. I did report the complaint/symptom to them. Maybe if some other people did the same, Honda would have more incentive or reason to check into the source of the problem.

Mike