PDA

View Full Version : headers...i have a few questions

bearcat91
06-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Are there any advantages of a shorty header versus racing header? How hard is DIY foor headers? And of course id like opinions on brands and combo of header, test pipe, mid pipe

EP3Casas
06-20-2010, 07:42 AM
every1 usually runs the race header cause you will get more power with it. the shorty test pipe combo can only do so much do to there being only 2 manufacturers(to my knowledge) of shorty headers DC& Megan. while race headers have multiple manufacturers such as toda, megan, dc, Jackson Racing, Comptech, Skunk 2, R crew, etc.

hondaguy92129
06-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Go with the race header if you can (i.e. no emissions laws against it) it will net you better gains than a shorty header.

Myself I'm running a dc shorty header with a megan mid pipe and stock cat/axelback. Reason being I live in Cali and need to keep the cat. The butt dyno feels a little extra power and the sound is a lot meatier than stock. Also running a fujita short ram intake as well.

K20wagon
06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Race header will give you more gains that a shorty header will. The race header is made for its 1 purpose, its a non restrictive header. If you get the race header though you will not be able to pass a emissions test but if you keep your OEM header/cat then no problem just put it back on for the test.

And putting the header on yourself is easy. It will take bout an hour or 2.

bearcat91
06-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Well I'm inn ohio not too worried bout emissions...so a race header will eliminate the cat? And how's the megan mid pipe? id like to get one

K20wagon
06-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Yes a race header will eliminate the cat. And just buy a catback exhaust instead of the megan midpipe.

Silvercard
06-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes a race header will eliminate the cat. And just buy a catback exhaust instead of the megan midpipe.

and either a o2 sim or de-fouler to get rid if that check engine light