PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 header doesnt fit k24?

dkid15
06-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey guys i have an obx v3 race header. My question for you guys is does it fit the k24. I recently put in my k24/k20 and my header is ep3 specific. I remember reading in davis' thread that its too short. I am getting this constant vibrating and am hoping thats the cause. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Falcon7
06-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Definitely too short. The vibration is probably the header against your exhaust tunnel or sway bar.

You either need a header specifically for an EP w/K24 or have yours extended.

dkid15
06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Ok i dont have a front sway bar. The vibration is not heard when standing in front of the car with the hood open but the inside rattles like crazy. On another not if my flywheel is warped would it function properly? Im wondering what else it could be. My clutch/flywheel works great. Ive been thinking header as well though. What do the primaries have to be extended?

dkid15
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
thanks for the fast response btw

Heitzke
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Ok i dont have a front sway bar. The vibration is not heard when standing in front of the car with the hood open but the inside rattles like crazy. On another not if my flywheel is warped would it function properly? Im wondering what else it could be. My clutch/flywheel works great. Ive been thinking header as well though. What do the primaries have to be extended?

Check my response in your other thread. I could copy/paste, but I'm lazy.

dkid15
06-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh thats what it feels like its a constant rattle then upon decel it stops but sounds like its tapping the heatshield from the motor rocking. I only have esmm. Could my motor be off balance? Like my flywheel warped or maybe because im using a k20a2 oil pump with an a3 crank pully(harmonic balancer). Im really just trying to exclude the worts posiibilities here.

Heitzke
06-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh thats what it feels like its a constant rattle then upon decel it stops but sounds like its tapping the heatshield from the motor rocking. I only have esmm. Could my motor be off balance? Like my flywheel warped or maybe because im using a k20a2 oil pump with an a3 crank pully(harmonic balancer). Im really just trying to exclude the worts posiibilities here.

Yeah I honestly don't think it's anything to worry about. It sounds exactly like the noises my car was making. The EP doesn't have very good header/exhaust clearance to begin with, but with the front of the exhaust pulled up 19mm, there literally just ins't the space. I'd bet that the header hanger is banging on the subframe and/or the first bend the exhaust beating on the floor of the car.

dkid15
06-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I mean the car runs great. Ill have to check if its the hanger. For some reason i feel like mine doesnt have a hanger.

VIZHUNZ02SI
06-21-2010, 10:48 PM
its the heat shield you have to remove it or bang it upwards. i have dcrh ep3 specific and it only rattled on the heat shield.the k24a1 is taller but doesnt sit futher away from the b-pipe. so there for angling the exhaust slightly upwards.

mugen03
06-22-2010, 07:27 AM
its the heat shield you have to remove it or bang it upwards. i have dcrh ep3 specific and it only rattled on the heat shield.the k24a1 is taller but doesnt sit futher away from the b-pipe. so there for angling the exhaust slightly upwards.

indeed, i had the same issues with mine. i removed that crap and it went away

dkid15
06-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Ok that WASNT the only problem. I found out today that my axle is broken right before the half shaft. Gonna have to get a new one and take that heat shield off. I only have esmm also i think theres a bit too much flex in my motor because i can really feel it rock upon decel and then somewhere in my exhaust is hitting. I need mounts lol.

VIZHUNZ02SI
06-23-2010, 01:39 AM
i had esmm till recent now i have inovatives mounts. but its the heat shield the clearence is very small and will rattle till you remove it or bang it in