PDA

View Full Version : Help: Looking for a competent shop for a 6 speed swap. Bay area

ctxmaginsk
06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Hello all. The title says it all. I'd like to get a 6 speed From a 2002-2004 installed into my ep3... And need a shop willing to do it. Honda refuses and several transmission shops have been telling me it's a bad idea, and thentrying to sell me a 5 speed... it's Irritating because I know it can be done and I feel like these shops are being narrow minded and or lazy...
I've recently purchased the bcss to deal with the 6th gear, reverse issue... If I brought a 6 speed to Honda or regular shop and told then it was a five... How would they be able to tell the difference before installing?Can anyone help?

whatisthis
06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
if they were to try and bench shift it they may notice. at least if they know what they are doing. try it maybe someone won't notice.

HondaFreak
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Bay area is pretty general. Where are you at? I can reccomend a few places. Or if you want to save some bucks do it yourself with some help.

Christian

ctxmaginsk
06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Pleasanton area . And if I were to attempt to do it myself ... I would need a lift .. Which I do not have.

HondaFreak
06-22-2010, 01:41 PM
You don't need a lift. For reals. Jack it up drop the subframe with the axles, move it out of the way, put a Jack under the motor and your there. My boy 27rocks did it and he just as skinny as I am.

There's Modacar in Pleasanton. I don't know about them though. When I was going there their mechanic was a doof.
There's RedZone in freakmont. I hear their ok.
There's BlackTrax in milpitas, they're really good. Mark and Aki are good.

It's only a days worth of work. I have the tools bit I've been busy or I'd get Rob down here and we could do it.
Good luck.

Christian

02EP3SI
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
if you honda dealer wont do it.. I would not trust them to do an oil change. They must not know shit about their own products out there. What hondafreak said is pretty easy. I can have my trans dropped in about an hour. But i have done it quite a few times lol