PDA

View Full Version : rsx type s rear sway bar worth it for a dd?

str8upballur
06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
hey guys im looking into a few mods at this current time for my ep. i have found an 06 rsx type s rear sway for a very reasonable price and have heard good feedback about upgrading the rear sway bar. most of it though has come in the world of autox or race events and stuff like that. ive never taken my car to the track. i use it as a dd to commute to and from school and ur occasional race at a redlight late at night. will i feel a noticable difference in turning at normal speeds though with an upgraded rear sway or should i just get a race header like i had previously planned?

Jukka
06-22-2010, 01:12 PM
im running an 03 rsx-s 19mm swaybar on my ep thats a DD too, and i like it. It makes the back end feel a bit tighter than it does from stock but you really dont notice it until you start going through the corners. It all depends if you like to have fun with your car and throw it through some bends every once in awhile.

powdbyrice
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
i have the 19mm as well. i like it. its definitely a noticable upgrade.

i personally would rather upgrade the suspension than add a race header.

Kerby
06-23-2010, 04:46 AM
swaybars should be the last element to "tune" your suspension.
I highly recommend you read up on the geometry setup of the EP3/RSX. It it very different from the other older gens.

This thread from another EP3 forum was very informational for me, and I will help you too. Its about the suspension design.
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=569763

the swaybar your are looking for is a 05-06 RSX-S. It's 21mm solid.
you will need to purchase the bushings and brackets... but it all bolts right in.

Ronnie
06-23-2010, 05:26 AM
swaybars should be the last element to "tune" your suspension.
I highly recommend you read up on the geometry setup of the EP3/RSX. It it very different from the other older gens.

This thread from another EP3 forum was very informational for me, and I will help you too. Its about the suspension design.
http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=569763

the swaybar your are looking for is a 05-06 RSX-S. It's 21mm solid.
you will need to purchase the bushings and brackets... but it all bolts right in.

X 2 here , musty is my hero LOL
-
Anyway, after u read that consider looking at what you wanna do with ur car, just like "VALO666" said, depends if u wanna have fun or wanna build it up for track or sth
however after u upgraded ur sway bar u will notice the the difference when u do like hard cornering and stuff , but over all i think its a good upgrade :D

talonXracer
06-23-2010, 06:57 AM
The single greatest "bang for the buck" upgrade to the basically stock, as well as most all aftermarket EP3 suspensions, is the addition of the 05+ typeS rear sway.

02_epdriver
06-23-2010, 09:31 AM
What end links would you get for a DC5R rear sway bar?

Kerby
06-23-2010, 09:54 AM
i keep my EP3 end links.

02_epdriver
06-23-2010, 10:09 AM
ok thanks