PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone replaced there stock instrument cluster bulbs w/superbright LEDs?

tqk
06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I want to make my instrument cluster brighter. Has the been done n can you tell me how or I can pay to have it done. Really would Like to have the bright blue but brighter will be great. There's a web site call superbrightleds the offer replacement cluster bulbs that are LEDs n r suppose to b alot brighter. Anyone wit some info. will b much appreciated. Thanks

ttttrigg3r
06-30-2010, 08:14 AM
There's a DIY on how to remove the cluster. Why don't you do that and tell us if you can replace the bulbs easily.

rjmq06
07-30-2010, 06:53 PM
well its easy just slide out the plastic that covers the screws then take the screw out, take out the cluster then remove the white cover on the back and from there you can figure out which one is the bulbs basically just turn it and pull but i doubt that you can change the color of the cluster itself even if you change it to blue bulbs cause the cluster itself is red or you can try to fabricate it but i bet thats gonna be a tough job

Passenger
07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
pretty much

Chromium4500
07-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Probably going to be a real tough job

talonXracer
07-31-2010, 06:07 AM
Ocelaris has performed this on several gauge clusters.

BUT, the stock lights already emitt more than enough light to hamper night vision, anything brighter or a white/blue color will be a huge safety issue.

SkareKrow
08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
There's a DIY on how to remove the cluster. Why don't you do that and tell us if you can replace the bulbs easily.

ummmmm Im being lazy today don't ask to lazy to click search if you know off the top of your head where the DIY for the Cluster is at? I need to change some LEDS mine have gone out, From the 5+RPM to 0-60MPHS are all out. Unless I beat the crap out of the plastic covering the cluster LoL. But I think I might ruin a lot of more things. Thanks very much in advance! 8~):searchnoob:

ttttrigg3r
08-07-2010, 09:23 PM
ummmmm Im being lazy today don't ask to lazy to click search if you know off the top of your head where the DIY for the Cluster is at? I need to change some LEDS mine have gone out, From the 5+RPM to 0-60MPHS are all out. Unless I beat the crap out of the plastic covering the cluster LoL. But I think I might ruin a lot of more things. Thanks very much in advance! 8~)

I thought about giving you some shit comment, but I'm trying to get some good karma back. so here you go:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?43675-DIY-Cluster-Removal&highlight=cluster+removal