PDA

View Full Version : Squeeks and rattles, oh my!

maxxd97
06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
For the last week or so my EP3 has been squeeking and rattling (like something is loose) while in motion and over bumps. It sounds like it's coming from the driver side and I've inspected all ball joints/tie rods/bushings/boots for wear or tears, but found nothing.

What's even more strange is that in the morning after the car sits over night, it doesn't make any noise; but as soon as I hit a dip or bump in the road it starts.

Any ideas on how to locate and fix this problem would be awesome!

sikho66
07-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I have had this problem before, but not as much with the rattling. My car would start squeeking on the driver side whenever I would go over bumps or when I would turn my steering wheel to the left. That all went away when I replaced my tie rod ends with new ones.

Replacing your tie rod end (the one that connects your tie rod to the arm of the strut) may help. Checking for any signs of grease leaking onto the arm of the strut will help you determine if they need to be changed.

UPDATE: The squeeking has come back every time I turn my wheel to the left. I suspect that it may be other bushings in my front end suspension that need to be changed. they look dry and cracked.