PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a K20A3...try to give it away...idea! but good luck!

slammed06rsx
06-24-2010, 02:04 PM
I have a k20a3 it cost more money to make 250hp. Then just buying a new engine. K20a3 is a wast of my time..honda/acura would have to make one shitty K and how my luck goes I end up getting a shitty slow I mean very slow engine. My old Crx with a ZC DOHC made more power for less money. Any ways If you are like me what do you do. Keep it, blow it up and :tehehyper: or swap for a k20a2 and get kpro for 5k. Shit

You can swap the head k24a1 but the buttom end on a A3 is week.
Turbo for 3-4k + Kpro $990. = 5k
K20a2 swap 4k

Let me think buy a new car with a different engine...Idea but more then likey the car has been ran to shit and is going to need the engine rebuilt.

F*ck any idea's?

SUSHI_NE1
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
WOW!... What to do... LOL
What I have pretty much read all over is it all depends on what your planning on doing with your car... i.e., Track, Drag, or just good old daily driven. I would just go with a clean A2 swap if I had the cash. you will probably kill the A3 in the long run. Plus with the A2 you get a 6 speed LSD.... A3.... Hmmmm NO... LOL

Good luck with your choice. I just want a REFLASH... for $400 ;-)

slammed06rsx
06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I want to be able to drive the car daily but have hp...A2 kpro turbo is the path that I'm looking at..but that is just so much money just for a fun fast toy...I want

SUSHI_NE1
06-24-2010, 02:34 PM
I want to be able to drive the car daily but have hp...A2 kpro turbo is the path that I'm looking at..but that is just so much money just for a fun fast toy...I want

Well... you could just go with a K24A2 & KPRO.... That way you already start out with more torque that the rest. And if you do some cams.... you could get a good amount of HP with some tuning. Go to the Engine section and see what everyone is saying and what power they are getting.

kenscivic
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Man you are talking about hp like a spoiled little brat. You bought a 10kish dollar used car and if you put a k20a2 in it.. It will still be slow... If you put a turbo on it... It will be less slow... After 5000+ $ you will be quick .. So you are bitching about the cost of making something fast maybe you should not touch your car.. It costs money to go fast.. You are looking at sinking in mid 10k$ into a civic... If you want something fast get some pos and drop a big ass cheap engine in it. Have 4000$ in a quick cheap car and keep the civic for it's purpose or quit bitching about what you bought... Jeesh

Only dedicated folks with good budgetting and mechanical skills turn out to make their ep fast.. You will probably never see 12's in the 1/4 from the sounds of you.

Onasty
06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Only dedicated folks with good budgetting and mechanical skills turn out to make their ep fast.. You will probably never see 12's in the 1/4 from the sounds of you.

:horse:<---OP dreams... But on a serious note stop bitching about the car being slow, and then bitch some more about how much things cost. Gotta pay to play

RedSiBaron
06-24-2010, 04:11 PM
in all honesty the ep is not slow, its just not as fast as everyone wants there car to be which equals lots of money...

OP seriously...your post made my head hurt really bad...i could barely follow what the hell you were even trying to say...

to answer your question, your cheapest quickest way for a bit more power would be probably a vtec killer setup, that will put you up to k20a2 power if not more

BeaterEP
06-25-2010, 10:30 AM
OP, here's an idea...DO SOME RESEARCH NEXT TIME YOU'RE BUYING A CAR.

Moron.

itchy5
06-25-2010, 07:23 PM
i'll take your useless A3 if you don't want it and run a vtec killer setup

HatchLing02
07-06-2010, 07:07 AM
The a3 is no power house but come on its alot of fun to drive any newer honda will cost you 5 k for real kick in the teeth power... i like being the bastard child of honda

mp_02si
07-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Personally i bought the ep because i like the way it looks. Sure it has the mini van thing going on but its all good because its my dd. If you want a crap load of power it will take money and if the ep is your daily then why even bother with high hp numbers. Simple bolt ons kpro and a killer cam setup and you would have a really sweet ride that would be faster than a bone stock a2 swap. Only problem is thats about the limit without getting into the bottom end. So like someone else said decide your use for the car first and then spend your money accordingly.

bamajoe
07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
if you want power go musclecar. i bought my si for carving corners! its got plenty of power fo that!

xep3tuner
07-07-2010, 10:11 PM
A3 with valve train + stage 3 cams with bolt ons i/h/e/ and maybe rbc/bigger tb and maybe bigger injectors + kpro = 200whp all that would run you about 2000$ if you do it all yourself, with shop cost putting in the cams and the valve train is another 500$ so your looking at 2500$ total still cheaper than getting a a2 swap which will run you around 5k with shop install. 200whp is pretty good for me.. stock a2 is 166whp with full bolt on i/h/e around 195whp do the math and do whats best for you.

thaseint
07-08-2010, 07:59 AM
It depends on what you're looking for.

An A2 or K24 swap just seems like a lot less headache IMO. The K20A3 is a pretty gutless motor and unless you replace internals I wouldn't expect it to handle a lot of abuse.

I personally could never daily drive a car with a full exhaust, let alone RH, a midpipe is about as far as I'm willing to go with mods. So a modified K20A3 would be out of the question.

MugenReplica
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Man you are talking about hp like a spoiled little brat. You bought a 10kish dollar used car and if you put a k20a2 in it.. It will still be slow... If you put a turbo on it... It will be less slow... After 5000+ $ you will be quick .. So you are bitching about the cost of making something fast maybe you should not touch your car.. It costs money to go fast.. You are looking at sinking in mid 10k$ into a civic... If you want something fast get some pos and drop a big ass cheap engine in it. Have 4000$ in a quick cheap car and keep the civic for it's purpose or quit bitching about what you bought... Jeesh

Don't you mean 1/8th mile? LOL!!

misterep3
08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
best choice is a k24 of an 04-05 acura tsx with kpro and exhaust n type-r cams- that setup tuned has made 248hp to the wheels ! if you want a bit more then that then do a k24 with a a2 head ! thatll give that 2.4 liter real vtec !!

SwA
08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
k20 + k24 good!!